Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
869 Posts
Flyin Brian,

I'm sure you are going to get all kinds of good advise on your loading. Set your loading routine and stick too it.

Just remember: SAFETY FIRST AND FORMOST.

My little piece of advise is based on 40 years of loading.

After you clean, size and prime the brass. Turn the brass upside down (Primer end up) in your brass holder. After you throw the powder then of course put the brass back in the holder primer down. Seat your bullet and crimp.

If you will make this a part of your loading routine you will never experience a double charge of powder.

I have seen guns after firing a double load of powder and believe me it's nasty.

Good luck and enjoy your new found hobby. Your going to love it.
djh

· Premium Member
869 Posts
HI DJ,

Funny you should mention this, as this is something I normally do in all of my loading, but this new case tray that I bought is kind of odd in that the cases don't sit very well upside down, so I set them all neck up this time and it just didn't feel right to me ;)

I do like to follow a regular procedure, and I prefer to do develop a series of steps and follow those steps the same way every time. I am currently charging all my cases with powder at one bench, and then when they are all charged, I use a flashlight to verify the powder and ensure the charges are all the same level in the case. After I check them twice, I move the tray over to the loading bench where my press is located and seat the bullets. It's worked pretty well for me so far.
That's good too hear. You got it down, just don't very from your routine and SAFE YOU WILL BE. HAVE FUN.

djh

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.