Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
2,388 Posts
Nice looking rifle Brian and nice shooting too!

So they still allow lead at ranges then in CA?

Bought a 32-40 die and some brass off a fellah in California last year and he swore a ranger confiscated his rifle after looking at the ammo he was shooting... not at a range obviously. Swore the guy took his rifle - no paperwork - no citation, didn't sound like anything that would have happened to me - at least not without a scuffle but that was his story. And he was very cool... actually tried to send the die and brass 'free' since he didn't have the rifle anymore. I waited for the package and return address and sent him a check anyway.

But that story about confiscation had me thinking 'lead bullets' just didn't happen anywhere in California nowadays. Probably if it's controlled and recoverable it's ok maybe??

Anyway, bet you are pleased as punch! I would be. Congrats!

· Premium Member
2,388 Posts
Hey GL... That really pricked my "justice" gene. Couldn't believe what I was hearing and kept pressing him but he kept the same story.

Said he probably would have asked for some documentation but they had him flustered.

Btw: wish me luck today. Gonna try beagling for the first time.

Watch your email, sending you a picture of a mold I have concerns with.

Would like your opinion.

· Premium Member
2,388 Posts
Flyin Brian, to continue down Missionary Mike's path of trying a bullet in your fired case, I have to bell mine a bit to get past the memory on that crimp (for lack of a better description). At first glance mine won't fit either. But once I take a plumb bob to the case mouth and apply a bit of pressure for a slight bell, then try again, my bullet, both gas checked and plain base slide in and will spin. There is not much discernable movement or slop otherwise but it turns easily. Might give it a try to see if that changes anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.