Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,991 Posts
Very nice Steve! Congratulations!!! You might want to edit your post and X out all but the first two numbers of the serial (just for personal security). Thanks for the pic. Love pictures of fine shootin' irons!

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Good looking rifle! Your off to a fine start! :congrats:

Reactions: steve65

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
Your 1979 model is the standard 336. At various times during it's manufacture it has been stamped with an RC, a C, or like yours, no letter after the 336. Great scope, I would try to keep it as low to the barrel as I could. Welcome to MO's, we have several members from "Down Under". DP

·
Registered
513 Posts
Congratulations on a very nice looking rifle. What kind of hunting do you do down under?

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Great rifle . Like you said looks like she sat and was not used much. Mine is a 1976. I think they put some nice wood on them back then. Im sure you will enjoy your new beauty. You do know this is just the beginning . you will need a big bore now. 45-70,:flute: Or maybe 444. And lets not forget the 1894 with its pistol cartridges.:hmmmm: So many fine rifles to be had made by Marlin.

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
That's a fine specimen of the breed. You should be very happy with it.

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Congrats, nice looking rifle. I bought my first 336 new back in the 70's and still have it. She should serve you well... enjoy.

·
Premium Member
17,017 Posts
Hey Steve,

Fine looking carbine!

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Beautiful rifle congrats on picking it up!!!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Nice Rifle! time to put some lead down range.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts