Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You people did this to me! ;D And I couldn't be happier about it!!!

I paid off my first 336 yesterday and brought it home. It is a .35 Remington made in 1974, from what I can tell from the serial number and info. from this site. I was looking for a hunter, not a museum piece, and am very happy with what I found. I can't wait until I get time to put some rounds through it. I plan to replace the drilled out bullseye and move the sling stud further back on the buttstock. Aside from some freckling on the loading ramp and an occaisional ding, looks like it has been kept fairly well. I didn't have good lighting, but here are a few pics. I'll get one of the whole rifle and one of the barrel marking this weekend.

Sorry, I took the pictures between getting home from work at 4:30 and being back at my evening job at 5:00 yesterday. :p

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice 336, let us know how it shoots.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Looks good to me. I just got my first Marlin myself and can't hardly wait to get it to the range. Good luck with yours.. ;D

·
Registered
603 Posts
looks good hope you like!

·
Premium Member
9,465 Posts
Marlins are like Lay's potato chips, you can't do just one.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Congrats on your first Marlin!!! You made a fantastic choice in the 35 Rem and an excellent time frame of manufacture, she will do you proud. ;) And welcome to MO's. DP

·
Registered
345 Posts
Congratulations. IMHO, the 336 and 35 Rem. go together like peanut butter and jelly, rum & coke and beer while watching football! ;D

NYH! ;)

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Congrats!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts