Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I even got to my blind yesterday, I heard some gobbling about 80 yards or so from where I was standing. Luckily, I had one of those camo seat cushions, so I just popped a squat right next to a tree that was surrounded by a pile of branches offering good cover. I gave a few clucks using my push/pull call and the gobbler answered. This went on for about 20 minutes until i finally saw this guy's head bobbing up and down about 60 yards from where i was sitting. As i was so well hidden, i called a few more times to get him in a little closer. As he got to 30 yards from me, and my heart was about to beat right out of my chest, i aimed and down he went.

The most satisfying part of the hunt was that this bird was taken with my NEF Pardner single shot 12 ga with a modified choke. No need for any camo super duper magnum and it was a clean kill. I was using the Winchester Supreme 3" turkey loads with a #6 shot size.

·
Premium Member
5,086 Posts
Great hunt! killed ,my first ever gobbler with my NEF Pardner with a modified barrel and a 2 3/4" Remington 6 shot at 25 yards on April 18th 1998, remember it like it was yesterday. Lynch box call, 23 pounder 10in beard ;D

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's awesome dirty-thirty! I've taken tukey before with my 870 and super full choke, but getting a bird with that single shot was just something special. And since my pardner was a gift from my dad, and my first gun, it makes it even better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts