Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to let you guys and girls know that I lost my Dad to cancer yesterday.
He was 76 years young and loved his family very much.
My Father live with me for the last 18 years of his life and I will miss him
Alot of people here prayed for my Father on Marlintalk almost 3 years ago when he was first told he had colon cancer and had only Three months to live,guess he fooled them
I went by the name of Marlin35shooter on Marlin talk and felt like I just wanted to tell you.
Kevin :cry:

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Yep, I remember that MarlinTalk name. I am saddened by your loss. My father is 83 and I know the day will come when he won't be here.

My prayers are with you and your family.

Peace,
Rev. Deacon Dick Naumann
St. Matthew's Episcopal Cathedral
Laramie, WY

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
big4-runner,

I am sincerely grieved by the loss of your father and our brother Marlin35shooter. My father left this world last year at the age of 76 also and I get teary eyed when I read these things. :cry:

Thank you so much for the update and we will certainly be in prayer for you and the family.

Dave

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I remember you from MT. I remember you asking for prayers.

You had him a good long while, long enough to be influenced by his good life.

God be with you and yours.

SS

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear about your Dad. It is not something that we "just get over." The memories that they leave us with are worth more than we can count. My dad has been gone 9 years now, and I still miss him. I'll pray for you and your family.

·
Registered
209 Posts
My condolences to your family. He was blessed to have you as a son to take care of him. Both my parents are still alive and I try to spend as much time with them as I can.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Big4-Runner, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I lost my dad on Christmas day, so I know what a rough time this is for you. Mine and my family's thoughts are prayers are with you and yours.

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Sorry about your loss. :( He'll be in my prayers today.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Remember the name well.. Prayers for you and your family for sure....

God Bless

·
Premium Member
11,085 Posts
Big 4runner,
My sincere condolenses to you and your family. You and your dad are in my prayers.

Tomray
NRA LIFE

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Kevin,
I remember your discussion about your Dad back then. I related to it very much as my Dad died due to lung cancer. He was given only a few months projected life span at the time. He lived for 15 months after radiation and chemo treatments. I remember at Christmas time that he just laughed at us when he told us that he was going to celebrate his next birthday (68th) come July. We never thought that he would make that long BUT I guess that he had the last laugh. He never gave up and He lived until his 68th birthday on July 6, 1980 and passed away at 11:40PM that night.

It looks rather strange to see his tombstone with Born on July 6, 1912 and Died on July 6, 1980. It sounds like you had a wonderful Dad too and he must have also really been a fighter. The good news is even though you might not have your Dad with you physically, You will still have him there guiding you every day in ways that you never thought possible. Please enjoy the good memories that you have spent together and know that my heartfelt Prayers are being sent for you and your family at this time.

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Kevin -

I am deeply saddened by your loss, but I hope you can find comfort in the fact that not only did you have a good relationship with your Dad, you were able to spend a great deal of quality time with him. Too many folks don't get along in the world, and will never know the joy you did.

God bless.

Shum8

1 - 20 of 41 Posts