Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends, fellow addicts, and the occasional internet troll......I'm in the mood for some humor and what better way than to start a string that I know will illicit some seriously outrageous confessions of our addiction.

So complete the following sentence with your favorite Marlinitis experience and give the rest of us something to howl about at work tomorrow.

My case of Marlinitis is worse than yours......

........."because I am already obsessed with my next rifle and the Marlin I just got on Gunbroker hasn't even arrived yet!"

True story
Matthew

·
Banned
651 Posts
MJ you are 100% correct. I purchased a JM 45-70 on gunbroker yesterday!! I can hardly contain myself.:marchmellow: See pictures on my thread about my purchase.
My Marlinitis is the same as everyone else's. !! Its like the flu everyone has the same symptoms. You wake up in the middle of the night and search Gunbroker.com, search consignment racks at gun stores, and dream of a variety of lever action guns. So to complete the sentence, my Marlinitis is worse than yours because my Marlin is my rifle anything else is a gun my Marlin is for perfection everything else is ho humm... sorry best I can do LOL:hmmmm:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I've been looking myself.... Although it would take a miracle from god for me to win anymore off GB...:)

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Those are my old man slippers and lucky charms PJs. I wear them while at the computer looking on arms list. Thats how it works. You just have to have the right combonation of stuff to wear to find the good deals.:flute:

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
This is why they made photo editing software. Crop, crop, crop! Nice 60 though. I recently picked one up for the same reason.
I just picked up aSS modle 60 like I needed another 22. But I didnt have a SS one. Thinking of putting a suppressor on it just for kicks and giggles. Need someting quiet in the city.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
I have a 1895 LTD III im sending a money order out for tomorrow! I cant wait!!! Then I got a 1894 CCL 41, 1894 FG, 1894P and maybe a 336D/444P lined up next....just depends on how quick I can get the cash! I already missed out on a 1894SS 44 b/c I ddint pick it up fast enough, so my guy sold it. Was looking forward to chopping it down to 16", oh well, il find another!

So yeah, I got it real bad too!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
The only crop I know is the one in my back yard garden:marchmellow:

:flute:

·
Banned
457 Posts
I just picked up aSS modle 60 like I needed another 22. But I didnt have a SS one. Thinking of putting a suppressor on it just for kicks and giggles. Need someting quiet in the city.

Love the Lucky charms pants ya got on, lol

Love the Lucky charms pants ya got on, lol

·
Registered
10,613 Posts
Mine is worse than yours...............Well a couple months back I went to the gun shop to pick up a Marlin 25 MN that I had put in layaway at the first of the year. But when I walked in, there was this Glenfield Model 30 (a Marlin in disguise) sitting in the used gun rack calling me. So instead of getting the 25 MN out of layaway, I just made another payment on it and put the Glenny in layaway also. Going to hopefully pick it up tomorrow.:marchmellow:

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Yep been there too. Had to rescue a glenny that looked like she had never been shot. May be sat in a closet for 38 years. The blueing was like new. The stocks Needed some care. So I, Re finished the stocks and made her pretty like I like her.

·
Registered
154 Posts
that is an AWFULLY pretty Glenny! I have the sickness, but my wife has the checkbook :-( so I haven't added anything recently. Though I do have a pretty nice bass boat that I would get rid of for the right set of Marlins :biggrin: (I can only trade toys for other toys lol)

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I have Marlinitis so bad that I've had to stay out of the pawn shop and the LGSs for several weeks now. I have eight JM Marlins and I desperately need number NINE....... but I want another 32 Winchester Special this time. So I'm just taking my time to look around. Oh, and I love the Lucky Charms PJs. It really gives one a sense of class! Its a good thing I'm not wearing my PJs in any of my gun pics! LOL

Ron

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Yep been there too. Had to rescue a glenny that looked like she had never been shot. May be sat in a closet for 38 years. The blueing was like new. The stocks Needed some care. So I, Re finished the stocks and made her pretty like I like her.

Man, what a gorgeous Glenfield!!!

Ron

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Survivor 99 . I been looking for a 32 Win special for a while now. Really like to find a old on with a octagon barrel. Well Now we got my marlinitis kicking up. I want a 38-55 too. And lets not for get 32-20. All must be the old ones like the 94s or 81s Got the hankering for some nostalga.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts