Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
16,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys some of you have met me in the Hello New Members thread, so now it's time for ya'll to meet my ABPT.

His name is Ozzy. He's 79.6 pounds of fun. And for whatever reason he *does not* like rifles, shotguns, or pistols. He barks at me everytime I pick one up. For real.

However he's a sucker for a Frisbee...........

·
Premium Member
4,921 Posts
My dog just leaves when I start shooting, but she HATES vacuum cleaners............you got to love dogs anyway. Ozzy looks well cared for and happy. Welcome from Ky by the way!

·
Premium Member
8,044 Posts
we love our dogs, my black lab also does not like my guns. he used to hang around when we were skeet shooting now he just goes back to the cabin and sits on the porch.

·
Premium Member
13,306 Posts
Of all of the dogs that I've had, ironically my cocker spaniel was the only natural gun dog. The second she saw a gun she started bouncing around ready to go.
Target shooting was confusing for her because she thought something was supposed to be hitting the ground! :biggrin:

·
Banned
16,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My dog just leaves when I start shooting, but she HATES vacuum cleaners............you got to love dogs anyway. Ozzy looks well cared for and happy. Welcome from Ky by the way!
He is pretty well kept LOL Have the Invisible fence on our 2 acre yard, so he has plenty room to run & play.

Got him on the pill for Heartworms, fleas,ticks shots for deer flys, and a few other things. feed him the Blue Buffaloe too.

I figure him not liking guns is actually a *plus* If an intruder comes in with a gun, he'll bark for that & intruder being a stranger to boot. A double whammy so to speak...he willbark even if the gun is not being fired, barks if ya just have one in your/my hands...weird.

He isn't afraid of Harleys with straight pipes & it's noise though. he'll attack a running Harley. But not pee on it's wheels if it's parked in the yard no matter who owns it......

But he will pee on my Volvo 240's wheels... Go figure LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.