Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went 22 hunting today and success basspro had it.
Just to smart around I noticed the Limit sign said hand gun ammo limit 5 boxes per day per customer.
The signs we all know then list the calibers included in the limit.
So I grabbed ten boxes and headed to the register also I picked up a few boxes of rifle ammo while I was there.
I get to the register and she tells me I can only buy 5 boxes of it total I told her I did not have a 22 handgun so that should make this rifle ammo.
Needless to say I only bought five boxes but caused a very confused conversation behind the service desk.
She then tried to tell me I could not purchase the rifle ammo because of the five box limit to which I had to explain they had no limit on rifle ammo just handgun.
Then I was allowed to buy rifle ammo and the five boxes of 22.
But I still enjoyed the look on their faces trying to figure that one out.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
About 10 years ago a local large retailer had Remington shotgun shells on sale for $3.49/box. I brought a flat up to the counter and the kid opened up the flat, pulled out 1 box and scanned it and said "that will be $3.49 Sir", I told him on second thought I'll take 2 more. So here comes another worker with 2 more flats, after thinking about how I'd half to pay for it later I explained the situation to him. He was so confused that he called his Boss over, I ended up with a great price on 5 flats.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Several years ago I bought some .22 ammo at WalMart and at the checkout, the cashier asked me if it was for a handgun or a rifle. I don't know if saying a handgun causes a certain code or whatever to be entered in the register; and I think that I might have said for a handgun...not sure now..., but from then on I always just said for a rifle.

You would think that the cashiers at places like BassPro, etc,...would quickly learn about ammo that is for both pistol and rifle and know how to handle such issues....apparently not.

·
Premium Member
24,599 Posts
Somewhere along the way in this country, we began, by and large,
to accept less than excellence. We have all been dealing with idiots
ever since.
Somewhere in the back of my mind, there is a little voice that keeps
telling me we are dealing with the new normal as far as ammo is concerned.
Lord, I hope I'm wrong.

Last Christmas I bought a gun, God help me, at Wal-Mart.
As we say here in the South, it was a piss-poor buying experience.
They can't handle anything without a manager. Even he didn't
know what the hell he was doing, and then they have to tape
the box up, and walk you to the door.:shot:
Like I was gonna come in there and buy a pink
22 rifle to shoot up the place, man.
What difference does it make if they walk you to the door,
anyway? Like you couldn't take it out of the box, load
it, and walk right back in?
Like I said, less than excellence....and heads full of
stupid is what we're left to deal with.

·
Premium Member
2,809 Posts
True story today. I went to our local Bass Pro after work to pick up a 1,000 primers. Cashier said she couldn't sell me that much ammo at one time. I told her it wasn't ammo, just primers. Then she was asking what they were used for and I told her for loading ammo. Ammo was all she heard and we were back on the "can't sell you that much ammo at one time" train. She had to break out a book to look them up because she got confused and then wanted my ID to make sure I was old enough to buy them. Long story short, I will avoid that cashier next time.

·
Administrator
23,798 Posts
Now you know why Obama won that second election.

Years back I went on a road trip with the neighbor to buy a slide action Savage 30-30 for him at a Meijers in Michigan. Won't name the town the idiots may still be living.

Went back to sporting goods where they were supposed to be having a sale on them. None were on the shelves so a worker who was putting prices on BB guns went back and got several from the stock area. He commenced to putting the BB gun price tags on them. Well Cal bought one and I bought one. Nice price. I do wish I would have bought two more. At that time there was no NICs or Federal paperwork to fill out on BB guns. "I can't remember who I sold mine to"

·
Registered
709 Posts
The cashier at Walley World asked me if the ammo ( 22's ) was for a hand gun...Gun?...I don't own a gun...I just buy the 22's to throw in the grill next door...really livens up a dull party...Should have seen the look on her face. :biggrin:

·
Registered
700 Posts
Swaney, so knowing the price was clearly incorrect you decided to plunder the owner's. When are you going to return and make it right? I know you would have gone back if you had been overcharged,

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Yeah, I never get the .22 long-handgun ammo. ;-)

Reactions: Deadwood Pike

·
Administrator
23,798 Posts
My problem with them involves a very personal nature where that company called me a thief and a liar.

So pay backs are in order. Nope it wasn't me in either case.

So frankly when I called 5 other people to check the price tags I did not feel a least bit guilty. They also made a great deal.

Do I feel guilty. No way in hades. Never. You had to have been there and known all the details to know my wrath. I don't forgive, not when it comes to my name and reputation.

To this day would I do it again. ABSOLUTELY.

·
Banned
2,157 Posts
I got the question "rifle or handgun" last week at a Walmart I've never been to and maybe never will return to....a guy I don't know and will never see again answered for me...RIFLE. Yeah, what he said. They don't ask me here.

·
Premium Member
2,809 Posts
If you answer handgun then you have to be 21 to buy it. If you answer rifle then you have to be 18. I know it's stupid but it's a liability issue with them.

Reactions: Deadwood Pike

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you answer handgun then you have to be 21 to buy it. If you answer rifle then you have to be 18. I know it's stupid but it's a liability issue with them.
I got the question at Walmart, too, took off my hat to display my white hair and bald head and said"You're kidding, right?" But the clerk had absolutely no idea why he had to ask the question in the first place. Lawyers. It's all about the frickin' lawyers.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I was at Farm & Fleet and they had 50 round boxes of 22 ammo with a 4 box limit, so I grabbed 4 boxes and a box of 45 ammo. Either I got a confused cashier or a new one, she said I'll have to ring these up separate because there is a 4 box limit. I explained to her the limit was only on the 22 ammo, so she said o.k. and rang everything up. Now I wish I would have grabbed 8 boxes of 22 ammo, kept my mouth shut, and let her ring it up separate.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Somewhere along the way in this country, we began, by and large,
to accept less than excellence. We have all been dealing with idiots
ever since.
Somewhere in the back of my mind, there is a little voice that keeps
telling me we are dealing with the new normal as far as ammo is concerned.
Lord, I hope I'm wrong.

Last Christmas I bought a gun, God help me, at Wal-Mart.
As we say here in the South, it was a piss-poor buying experience.
They can't handle anything without a manager. Even he didn't
know what the hell he was doing, and then they have to tape
the box up, and walk you to the door.:shot:
Like I was gonna come in there and buy a pink
22 rifle to shoot up the place, man.
What difference does it make if they walk you to the door,
anyway? Like you couldn't take it out of the box, load
it, and walk right back in?
Like I said, less than excellence....and heads full of
stupid is what we're left to deal with.
From what I've seen/experienced here in middle Georgia, Wal-Mart doesn't hire the "sharpest knives in the drawer".

1 - 20 of 61 Posts