Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always wanted a 39 from the time I was about 15. For one reason or another I never did get one until a couple of years ago. Guess it's about time I posted some pics of it. She's a 39A of 1957 vintage.

This last image shows one of her "beauty marks" It dosen't bother me as I am a shooter not a collector. Gives the gun some individual personality. My only regreat is it was there when I bought the old girl so I don't know the story behind it.

Larry

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
That's a pretty one alright, even with the added character mark. My 39-A is a '54 vintage, and the wood doesn't show a lot of figure. Not a lot wrong with the wood on mine. It's got a few metal scars from where someone tried to weld a broken mag tube ring, and grinder marked from the prep... Still a good shooter- I've had both a Redfield and a Williams peep on it, and it's quite accurate off hand. Gonna take it in for D&T for the Marlin 90 scope mount- do my eye-sight a favour, and perhaps realize the true accuracy potential of this fine 'ol Marlin....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Nice Rifle Larry...

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Larry, I wasnt sure what to expect, it sure wasnt the one listed before on a previous thread.

That one is an old beater....Yours looks way better than that :lol: :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may be persuaded to trade for that one if it's a package deal including the rack. :lol:

Larry

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yeah, right! Just take a look at those photos and you'll notice that you can't see the entire rifle......just the stock and the tip of the scope.

What was that saying that P.T.Barnum used to say?

hog

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Hogship. that photo above .. both are rode hard put away wet..

·
Registered
251 Posts
I gots a 39A....taint as old as y'all's....it shoots straight. My tits is smaller than that gal's,,,,,and lots more hairy..........I reckun as how the squirrels don mind. I is purty sure I picked that gal up wonct in a bar....lied to her an said I wuz a railroader. She wuz purty eezy an I did'n mind the penicillin nonn. Ah'd a marreed her but mah sister wuz jellus,......id post moor butt mah probashun ocifer is sayin to pay moor atenshun.....

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Ahh! Larry, a man with discerning taste. That poor gal has suffered a lot of barbs on this forums. I'm glad you'd be willing to deal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts