Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My marlin is a 1976 RC 30-30, and needed a bit of TLC. I figured I could blue it and re-do the wood finish, but then that was boring to me. I have already painted my 10/22, I figured I could spray away on this one too. After all, that many layers of solid krylon will last for quite a while and prevent rust as long as its there.

Pad is a grind-to-fit Limbsaver.

There is not that much glare, my kitchen light is very bright and its dark out. There clear coat on the rifle is matte.

Barrel is ultra flat black with several matte clear coat finish layers.

***** Disclaimer; not for the faint of heart of the 336 purist persuasion. *****

***** SCROLL AT OWN RISK *****

·
Registered
656 Posts
Nice job.Needs some red white & blue on the other side:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
You know... Actually... It's not half bad.

Canadian Army camo? I like the GPS antenna on the buttstock. The scope, is that a gear shift indicator from a 1967 Ford F100?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know... Actually... It's not half bad.

Canadian Army camo? I like the GPS antenna on the buttstock. The scope, is that a gear shift indicator from a 1967 Ford F100?
Haha... yes, the background camo is Canadian CADPAT. The rifle itself is a loose interpretation of a random camo I found browsing the web. The GPS antenna is the cheek riser, if that's what you meant :D

Also the shift indicator comes stock on the regular Vortex Viper line... I like it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I hear ya Crunch,I wasn't born in Canada but my Grandfather was!:tee:

Reactions: CrunchBerries

·
Registered
569 Posts
This is both really cool and difficult to look at at the same time, the purist in me hates to see walnut painted over, but at the same time I think it came out really neat, something you definitely don't see every day. Have fun with it and happy shooting!

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
It doesnt matter what anyone else things but you! Its yours so do with it what you like..... Im going to get flamed big time if I ever scope my 1950 Waffletop 35 Rem... I kind of like it ( I do like a lot of weird things though... :flute: )

Doc

·
Super Moderator
8,035 Posts
nice job, kinda different but I like it. gives me an idea for a good project gun..................but it would have to be read white and blue......................lol
thanks for sharing

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Well CB what do you think my 1895 Cowboy would look like with a paint job like yours? I think it would look pretty damn good. eh

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Well, I wouldn't paint mine..... But you did a great job. It would be less noticeable in the deer woods, too. I saw one in a LGS that was completely camo painted, barrel, receiver, walnut wood, trigger, everything. It sold for $399 and the buyer never batted an eye doing so. Of course it didnt have the Canadian flag on it, either.

Just don't lay it down in the woods..................

Ron

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Nice paint job. Why the wrap around sling? It would look better if you installed a set of QD sling swivel studs ( and don't install the stock stud in the Bullseye) and used a standard sling. Just my humble opinion.

And I am glad that you are as proud of your country as I am of the USA and that we are friendly neighbors. :beerglass:

Jack

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Like that shoulder strap. It that your creation or one that you purchased? Also, is the cheek piece permanent, if so, how is it attached?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts