Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marlin sent me the return shipping label on Friday, I shipped it Monday and UPS said it was delivered today, so I decided to post it so I could remember the official date. I do have to say that the phone call to Marlin was very pleasant. I spoke with a very nice lady who was extremely friendly and helpful, and there were no hiccups at all. I am hopeful that since the Marlin production is mostly shut down until the new year, maybe it'll get fixed quicker. Maybe it'll make it back by Christmas, but I really just want it to make it back shooting well. The 45-70 will suffice for all of my hunting needs this year. Thanks, BL

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. I learned this from my wife.

·
Banned
2,583 Posts
Re: My 308mx made it to Ilion.

I hope your rifle gets fixed properly and returned in quick fashion. Sorry for your troubles with it....

·
Registered
5 Posts

I sent my XLR 338 back to Remington for repair on 7/29 and got it back on 8/15.I was hoping to get it back by rifle season at the end of November and i was stunned when UPS knocked on my door with the gun. Remington never told me it was on it's way. My gun had the barrel droop and some other issues and they sent a different gun. Only issues with the new gun is a heavy trigger pull and a small hairline crack in the butt along side the tang. How can i complain considering the train wreck i had sent back to them.

·
Registered
831 Posts

You heard it here folks. Call up Marlin and get them to ship your rifles back and then resend them in so you get back into the front of the line. Last one in is first one's out.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: My 308mx made it to Ilion on 8/17/11 & returned on 9/6/11.

Well, I sent mine in on 8/17/11 and I got her back today. They replaced my 91 serial number receiver with a MR serial numbered one. In the letter I sent in with it I asked if I could have a large loop lever installed, for which I would pay, but they put one on at no charge which I am very happy about. Three weeks was the turn around time. I know that many have had a much different experience, but I have nothing bad to say and would happily buy another Marlin product. The work is of the typical Marlin quality I am accustomed to, and it cycles ammo very cleanly. In fact, the action feels so slick, it's almost as though I am getting it back from sending it somewhere for an action job. I won't be able to shoot it until the weekend, but I will let you know how she shoots after that outing. But I have to say, all in all I am wicked excited with the rifle I got back and very happy overall with my whole experience. :)

·
Registered
846 Posts
Re: My 308mx made it to Ilion on 8/17/11 and I got her back in three weeks.

Good for You! You are one of a very few lucky one's :mad:

·
Premium Member
365 Posts

Bossloper
That is good new's. Hopefully you will have no issue's now. I'm impressed they installed the big lever. Rem has a custom shop. Maybe if they get the ship righted people will be able to order some option's. I believe if the worker's are not hamstrung by the management they will be able to build a correct Marlin, as I know their are some talented people at Ilion.
Karl

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Re: My 308mx made it to Ilion on 8/17/11 & returned on 9/6/11.

Bossloper said:
Well, I sent mine in on 8/17/11 and I got her back today. They replaced my 91 serial number receiver with a MR serial numbered one. In the letter I sent in with it I asked if I could have a large loop lever installed, for which I would pay, but they put one on at no charge which I am very happy about. Three weeks was the turn around time. But I have to say, all in all I am wicked excited with the rifle I got back and very happy overall with my whole experience. :)
Very nice to hear. They are actually treating guys right. Bobbytjr did the same thing for me in regards the big loop installation when the shop was still in CT.

If your rifle's been there for months, call them, tell them you now have 2 reports from people on MO with quick turn arounds and ask why, when your rifle has been there so long, is it or a replacement not coming back to you.

·
Super Moderator
12,192 Posts

Bossloper said:
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. I learned this from my wife.
This is so true. Glad you got your gun back, just in time for deer season too!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts

Hope your experience becomes the rule and not the exception..good luck with it and hope you gotcha a real shooter now

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I spent the afternoon with my recently returned 308mx, and it's a shooter. Only took four shots to be exactly where I wanted it to be, and from then on it was clover leaf after clover leaf. They put it together perfectly.

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
congrats Bosslopper. glad you finally got a good shooter.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Great News!!! Got to love them Marlins, maybe the folks at Remington are getting their act together for your folks that have had problems. I feel lucky, all mine are New Haven made and all are great shooters. Love my Marlins.

Chief

1 - 14 of 14 Posts