Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I was just kicking around in the .22 forum and thought I would just post a quick update on the 2013 1894 C I bought new, made in Ilion New York stamped on the barrel. I shoot about 150 rounds a month with it and have done so since I bought it. Lead heads and my own cowboy action load. It has never skipped a beat, never once has it not gone off, failed to load or failed to eject. Never once has it ever done anything it wasn't supposed to ever. I shoot it with the original iron sights and average 95 on pl12 targets at 20 yards indoors. The action is slick and positive and it shoots exactly where I point it, every single time. It is the most reliable piece of machinery I have every owned and it is a pleasure to use and own. Truly remarkable, I love it. Regards RDF.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DRSLYR. I was the same but an antique gun dealer I know who lives about 1 mile away phoned me out of the blue and said, "I don't suppose you want to buy a Marlin .357 1894 I've got four of them". Just like that, the gun came to me. There were none to be had from the dealers here in the UK. Your gun will find you I am sure.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Thanks for the update,
Glad to hear the good reports

Reactions: rclint

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Didn't know Remington even made any 357's !
Most likely assembled with parts moved from North Haven. Freedom Group/Marlin didn't produce any major .357 parts. The smaller action parts,except the carrier,interchange with the .44 Mag. There were a substantial number of parts and semi-finished assemblies moved. A few hundred thousand spare parts got melted down for scrap because Remington didn't want to catalog and move them. Too much work.

Rob

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Glad you found a goot one. I have an older 1980 year model.. and I sure do love the little carbine in 357 mag... the 357 mag should be the standard 1894 carbine in my opinion made every which a way possible from stainless, blued, choice of stocks, then cowboy types as well... the combination of the Marlin 1894 and the 357 mag is pure genuineness.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
We need pictures or it didn't happen.

ThisThreadIsWorthless.jpg

Reactions: rclint
1 - 12 of 12 Posts