Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having a guide gun, 1895 and cowboy in the safe at the same time, I settled on the 1895 because I grabbed it the most. I wanted a couple of changes, so I sent it to Brockman's for a full length mag tube and Limbsaver recoil pad. It came back to me and I added the large lever, XO rail and sights, Leupold see-thru mounts and Buhsnell Banner dawn to dusk 1.5-4.5x32. It was a joy to shoot before, but now I can do it all day long and did this past Saturday. Took her out and had a blast popping old shotgun shells at 50 yards. I am looking forward to bear and deer season, which will not get here soon enough. :)

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Looks sort of like my ABL. I like it :)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Very nice. I just picked up a 1895 STBL last week and really looking forward to shooting and load work on it.
Good luck in the fall with yours.

·
Banned
244 Posts
Clean looking gun, I do however think you will not end up liking the see thru rings in the field. They put the scope too high for a good spotweld. I really like the loop as mine is small for my hands and I couldn't use it with a glove on. Full length mag tube is a good idea that many would like to have.My next move is the happy trigger and now that I've seen your loop I'll put that after the trigger. Very nice job. Frank

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
Nice rifle, ditto with the see through mounts. I used Leupold QD's and they are great.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Nice looking rifle.

·
Premium Member
6,502 Posts
Great job! Looks sweet.
Good luck hunting!

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Very nice 8) I like the way it turned out.

Soooo..... what are you going to do with your other 1895's? ;D

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I sold the other rifles, and it only holds 6+1. The seventh cartridge needs a 1/4" to fit.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I forgot, you can see the cost of the extended mag tube at Brockman's website. He lists all of his costs on it. I spent around $300 in all, and worth every penny. It was a Christmas present from my wife.

http://www.brockmansrifles.com/lever_cust.asp

·
Premium Member
13,380 Posts
Great looking gun, loved it!
Do the see-thru mounts actually work?, I mean, you can use the peep sight without taking out the scope?, could this be done with a Skinner peep on a 1894?

Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts