Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i've been meaning to share my new souped-up Marlin 1894css (but i've been having so much fun with it i haven't had a chance till now). I probably could have done some of the more basic work myself and saved a little money what the hell, it was one of the last ones out of CT and i wanted it to be special. Here's what i had done:

-A through-bolt buttstock attachement which makes the whole gun feel like one solid piece.

- Stock resized to 12.75, sanded and finished with tounge oil, squishy buttpad old english style.

- Action/trigger/feeding job to head off Marlin Jam and smooth her out overall.

- And finally, a Robar nickle plating on everything but the inside of the barrle. Nice dull grey finish and a super slick action.

Oh, and here's the best part of the whole gun!!! Good ol JM!!!

PS: You're probably asking why no peep site? I'm one of the few who like open sights. Thanks 4 looking!

·
Premium Member
18,099 Posts
It looks nice and all but let me get this straight............you had a stainless steel gun nickle plated by Robar?

Wouldn't bead blasting be cheaper? Maybe I'm missing something............

Still and all, it's a nice gun! Hope it shoots as good as it looks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She shoots like a dream (thankgoodness) cause i did spend a lot. The Robar was primarily done for the slick action rather than the look. I found the stainless to be sticky. Now it's like ice.

That said, the whole thing was a bit extravigant - no regrets though.

·
Registered
933 Posts
What is A through-bolt buttstock attachement?

Can you explain?

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Matt, the through bolt on this rifle was designed by Mic McPherson and can be seen here:

http://www.levergun.com/ThroughBoltSystem/Throughbolt system.htm

Essentially it's a heavy duty way to secure the stock by bedding it and using a tension rod. It stiffens the rifle, gives it a real solid feel when shooting, adds accuracy and tremedous durablility.

popo

·
Registered
890 Posts
Sweet! That thing is beautiful and exactly what you wanted. Can't ask for more than that.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Very nice looking rifle...
:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Mickey, I was fortunate enough to have Mic himself installed the through-bolt system so i wasn't able to view or take pics of the installation. I can say that what it does for the gun is amazing.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
looks good!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts