Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
pls1911,
I was thinking the same thing (altho at this point, my only 1893 is a SRC that I would not want to modify) and am keeping a lookout for a donor rifle. Sounds like you have a good candidate for the project. In looking at Brophy's book, there is an an old ad showing a 24" 30-30 as available. The production records only seem to show mostly 30" 32-40's as produced in the 1893 (also a few 30-30's and 2 38-55's.) As swany notes, some 1889's and 1894's were made up as muskets, too. It appears to use the standard carbine butt in the old ad, which should be not difficult to obtain. The forend will be the challenge, but am thinking maybe the easiest way might be splicing two together and covering the joint with the middle band (like Sako used to do with their Mannlichers.) Sounds like a fun project for an old retired guy (like me) with not much else to do. Pretty sure the AR guys at the range would gather around, too!:hmmmm:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.