Vendor
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1894 Classic in 218 Bee... :)

·
Premium Member
10,952 Posts
Parson,

Nice Rifle.............Nice dog, too................

Tell me about the shot......... How far?...Was the dog moving or standing?... .......Where was the shot placement?

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
While you are at it, tell us about your load. Thanks Jack

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
More info please. I have the exact gun and when winter finally decides to leave I will be chasing woodchucks and coyotes with it.

If you hand load please give up some details there as well.

thanks
micky

·
Premium Member
10,952 Posts
micky_blue said:
More info please. I have the exact gun and when winter finally decides to leave I will be chasing woodchucks and coyotes with it.

If you hand load please give up some details there as well.

thanks
micky
Micky,

I think everyone with a 218Bee MUST handload.............Factory ammo prices are crazy.......I think they're running about $72.00 a box now.
I hand load for mine. Mine is a 218 Mashburn Bee but I use Speer 46Gr flat pt #1024 exclusively with good accuracy......The Mashburn holds a bit more powder, but a near Max Bee load with that bullet should work well for you.

Tom

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
Nice rifle. Great pics.

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
Parson, that is some nice yodel dogs and a nice Bee. Looks like your son likes it as well. ;) I know I like mine a lot.

I have used Seirra 40 gr. hp, 34 gr. Midway dog town, 45 gr. Winchester hp and all of them work great on yotes. The 34 gr. is a good small varmint load but I have got a yote with a frontal shot at about 80 yds and he hit dirt like he was a magnet.

The 45 gr. winchester loads are factory loads and are very good out of my rifle. They seem to hit with more authority and reach out good as well. 150-160 yds on yotes and could probably go a bit farther but then I have my limits also. With a real good solid rest and bags I can hit p-dogs out farther but with a shooting stick I am not steady enough for small targets.

Good shooting!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts