Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife was inspired by Flat Tops 444 Safari, so she wants her own 444SuperMagnum, my wife has an empty case she wants Flat Top to go by, heres a pic, I don't think Flat Top is up to it!

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Starrbow said:
My wife was inspired by Flat Tops 444 Safari, so she wants her own 444SuperMagnum, my wife has an empty case she wants Flat Top to go by, heres a pic, I don't think Flat Top is up to it!

Flattop might be up to the conversion, but necking that brass down to 0.429" might be a pain in the neck. What powder do you reckon you will start with for load development? ;D

·
Super Moderator
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1895Gunner said:
BTW, is that a Marlin Owners top that your wife is wearing Starrbow?
Yes!
As for powder, I'm not sure yet, but I will need a lot!

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Starrbow; You tell Missus Starrbow that I am hot on it! I have this laying around, and if I sleeve the bore to 429, and add a lever (somewhere). her dream will become a reality. Also, she wont have to lug a heavy rifle around with her all day long...just hook it up to the old 4X4, and she will be good to go!!! I "think" there would be enough power with this modification to take deer cleanly....but, future testing would be in order to prove that out!!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can foresee the future: THE SHOOTER at the heavy bench rest squinted as she aligned her 444SuperMagnum 1988 model 444S highly customized Marlin rifle on the distant target. The rifle fore-stock and barrel was cradled in a rest; the butt was supported by her shoulder the rest of the rifle was mated to a large frame with two wheels, pulled by a 1988 Subaru Brat. The rear sight was flipped up to its full height, so with no stock support for her head, the female rifle tester from South Carolina worked carefully to align the high rear and low muzzle sight on the speck that was the target - a surveyed 17,900 yards distant.

Holding her breath, she squeezed the 3.5-pound trigger. The rifle fired, at the recoil, the rifle moved back at least 36" digging two trenchs were the Subaru back tires were being held by the emergency brakes. Some 66 seconds later, the shooters Cell phone rings and the range master was telling her that the 405gr bullet had struck well inside the 6-foot diameter bullseye on a target well over 10 miles away, the camera at the target also shows the shot on the monitor setup close to the shooting bench!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts