Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody want to talk about there MR-7?? I would like to pick (1) up in 270. No talk about them at all. Are there any around thats being shot or are they in safes for 100 yrs to turn a dollar on?? How many actual cals got into the market? I'm guessing there were 3 as in the 270,3006 and 280. Is even close?

SpikeMaster49 :oops: :lol: 8) :oops: :lol: 8) :oops: :lol: 8)

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
I found one at a gun show awhile back and snatched it up. It is in 25-06 with a nice scope and is a very nice rifle. Took it hunting along with some levers last year but only chance I had to use it the fog had rolled in and when I put it up to my eye I could see nothing but white.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have one in 270. Love it. Shoots excellent, recoil is nice, and it looks great. I have only seen one other, and didnt have the 350 to get it. It was a 270 as well. DM

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just purchased one in 30-06 today in a pawn shop for 270 out the door...including the scope...will shoot tomorrow and see how she does :D

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
The best way to find one is to show up at a gun show broke. :( Had it happen a few times. :x

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking for magazines

I've got a Marlin MR7 in .270 Win that I bought the year they came out. Bought an extra magazine but since then it has proved unreliable. Anyone know of any sources for magazines? Thanks much.

·
Registered
135 Posts
An old Jewish proverb,

mommicked said:
The best way to find one is to show up at a gun show broke. :( Had it happen a few times. :x
Never go to an auction when you have no money!

Boy I gotta agree with them here. I'm like a moth with the light, I just can't stay away and avoid the pain. :(

I have always liked the look of and the concept behind these rifles. I decided to get one as soon as I saw them, but was cash strapped, so I started putting $20-30 away ever fortnight, but before I got it up to $200, they disappeared. For some reason, the market seemed underwhelmed by them.

What probably happened is that the najor bolt rifle manafacturers stated offering deals to lower the prices of their rifles until the Marlin bolt gun fell over. I don't know if this is the case, but it is a common enough tactic.

I am a 30/06 nut (my license plates are SP3006), but I fancied one of these in 270. Don't know why, but thats the way I felt (and still feel).

I will probably buy one in 30/06 if I see one, I will definetly will buy one in 270 if I see one and now that I know they come out in 25/06, I will very probably buy one in that calibre. The 25/06 is something I have never tried, but it is widely described as the perfect rifle for Australian game.

I think most of the guys here would be lever nuts, I however am a died in the wool gun nut, love bolts, levers, singles, wheelguns, in both flavours, SA & DA, autos and even don't mind a good shotgun. Did I mention I also like military rifles? Well let me tell you, yada, yada, yarda! :D

Two rifles I would definetly love to have, a pre64 Mod 70 Featherweight in 3006 and a Marlin in 270. there's a lifetimes hunting in those two rifles.

·
Banned
461 Posts
I'm starting a collection of the centerfire bolt actions that Marlin has produced so far.

I have the Varmint King (need the Mod. 322 yet)
I finally found a really nice Model 455 in 30-06 (Still looking for the 455 in .308)
I now own some MR-7's in 30-06, 270 and 280.

I'm still looking for the other calibers. Hopefully I'll find them all before too long. The 455 has been the toughest so far. :)

·
Banned
461 Posts
No doubt on the loan officer. :) I've been lucky so far in my ventures of collecting rare Marlins, and I'm hoping I can keep it up!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts