Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up the MR-7 30/06 that I found on-line in the North-East. It was made in 1997 and came in with a nice dark walnut stock and factory iron sights. ? Does anyone know about how many MR-7's were made with iron sights ? It, and a MR-7 270 that I still have layed away have micro-grove rifling. I have not put a tight patch down the bore to check the twist but it should be 1 in 10 inches.

It was advertised at 89% but the couple of light scratches did not go through the finish, a couple very small dings, and NO bluing wear. The muzzle did not show any blue erosion either plus only some light very small marks of brass on the bolt face (outer edge, not at the firing pin hole) showed it was shot very little.

I'm a happy camper as have not had an 30/06 since my two grove Springfield that I bought with the barrel shortend and turned down with Fajen stock for $79 in the '60's that was rebarreled to 6mm Rem when I got one of the first Ruger 77 long actions in 7mm Mag in 1970. All the years shooting, from the hornet to the 458 win mag I have not shot a 270 so that will be nice one for the MR-7 too. Mike

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Awesome.. Congrats.. I don't know much about them ,, but I do look the shelves over at the shops for them..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts