Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find a spare magazine for my new to me MR-7 in 30-06. Numrich has almost everything you could want for MR-7 parts except they are out of magazines. I have found some old posts (several years old) on some other forums where people have said that a magazine out of a Browning A-Bolt will fit right into an MR-7. Has anyone here ever tried that or do you have both an A-Bolt and an Mr-7 and can check it out? I've checked every source I can find on the web short of just waiting to see if one turns up on e-bay or one of the other auction sites. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
I'd like to know the answer to this question. Kicking myself for not getting a spare from Numrich a couple of years ago when they had some.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, after looking and looking for a spare magazine for my MR-7 30/06 and not being able to locate one, I ordered a Browning A Bolt 30/06 magazine from Numrich and it definately does NOT :)() fit the MR-7. It's somewhere between 1/4" to 1/3" too long and the little tabs are reversed. Oh well, I thought it'd be worth a shot. If ANYONE out there has a spare 30/06 MR-7 magazine you want to part with or know where I can get one please let me know. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts