Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there have a favorite load for their MR-7 in 30/06? I just put in the winning bid on one on Auction Arms the other day and will need to work up a couple of loads for it when it gets here. I'm thinking anything from a 160 gr. to a 180 gr. bullet. Let me know what your favorites are for bullets, brass and powder. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
YoYo said:
Anyone out there have a favorite load for their MR-7 in 30/06? I just put in the winning bid on one on Auction Arms the other day and will need to work up a couple of loads for it when it gets here. I'm thinking anything from a 160 gr. to a 180 gr. bullet. Let me know what your favorites are for bullets, brass and powder. Thanks!
YoYo,

I received my MR-7 30-06 several years ago for a birthday present. Since I live in IL there isn't many places to shoot real rifles. So when I loaded for it I fell back to the load I used back in the mid 80s with my other 30-06.
That load 54grs of Winchester 760, Win WLR primer, with a 150gr bullet has been a very accurate load in my rifles.
The load is straight out of the Winchester Loading Manual, prior to Hodgdons take over.
So far my MR-7 has shown it likes this load too.

Joe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts