Marlin Firearms Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Great looking gun. I think you will love the Whelen. I do love mine built on an old Rem 721 action. What twist rate did you use?

·
Registered
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Great looking gun. I think you will love the Whelen. I do love mine built on an old Rem 721 action. What twist rate did you use?
Thanks for the compliments! I went with a 1:12 twist as I do plan to shoot some heavier bullet loads out of the rifle as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Jake, great looking rifle! I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Now, since you've actually had a rebarrel done, can you please tell us definitively for the record what thread diameter and pitch is used for the barrel threads on the MR-7?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Real sharp looking rifle in a classic caliber.The big 35 is my all time favorite cartridge and have hunted with it for the last 25+ years.I really like the barnes triple shock 225 gr.

·
Registered
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Jake, great looking rifle! I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Now, since you've actually had a rebarrel done, can you please tell us definitively for the record what thread diameter and pitch is used for the barrel threads on the MR-7?
Thanks for the compliments! I'll dig into that and let you know.

Reactions: Ret_Eng

·
Registered
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Real sharp looking rifle in a classic caliber.The big 35 is my all time favorite cartridge and have hunted with it for the last 25+ years.I really like the barnes triple shock 225 gr.
Thank you sir! I will have to try that Barnes load you recommended, thanks!

Reactions: Ret_Eng

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
130grn balistic tips hand loads, they shot fine out of the Remington 760 I loaded them for, have 150grn Partitions to load, and I'm all but convinced that H4831 won't even make good fertilizer?
Sorry, my post was meant to include this quote. Hit wrong button.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts