Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pards,
What year is a Mountie if the s/n begins with A0?

It looks fairly old but in rather decent shape for it's perceived age. What price range would be fair for it being offered by my LGS?
Looks like a 7out of 10 for appearance.

Thanks all, d.
Maybe I can get a photo tomorrow, IDK.

·
Premium Member
14,157 Posts
There is no mountie with a serial number starting with A0.
But it might be a bad stamped, AC = 1967 or a AD = 1968.
Sometimes the lever messes up 1 or 2 letters or numbers, on the first part of the serial number.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You'd be in good shape if you could get it around $500, lately on gunbroker they've been running in the $500-700 range depending on year and condition.

·
Registered
434 Posts
You'd be in good shape if you could get it around $500, lately on gunbroker they've been running in the $500-700 range depending on year and condition.
I agree with that. Local shop has one close to what you describe priced at $550. If you do buy it, the bolt should have the serial number listed on it as we'll.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I agree with that. Local shop has one close to what you describe priced at $550. If you do buy it, the bolt should have the serial number listed on it as we'll.
If you get it apart, also check the front "prongs" of the stock for the serial. Through the mid-60's the wood was numbered to the rifle just like the bolt. I've got one stamped on the right side that is hidden by the right receiver half, but on another one .. its stamped on the left side that is exposed when you break the rifle down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts