Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching high and low for a few years now for a nice Mountie,would kill for a straight stocked .22rf.

I have just found a beater Mountie.

Can I swap over the lever(and trigger plate?)with a 39A to give me a .22 with a straight stock?

Help!,or should I just keep looking for a Mountie?

Just had another thought,I know where a Montie is(cheap) with a large loop fitted(ala John Wayne). :roll: Can I purchase a standard loop anywhere?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone got a clue? :cry:

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Easy -

Since the stock tangs are attached to one half of the receiver, it's doubtful that your plan will work. Best just keep looking for a Mountie.

Shum8

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Easy Rollins said:
Can I swap over the lever(and trigger plate?)with a 39A to give me a .22 with a straight stock?
It should work. Note the operative word here is "should".... The bottom reciever half should come close to fitting the top- bear in mind that there was more factory hand fitting of parts when the mountie was made. It may take a bit of re-fitting of parts to get such a thing to work....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Doc Sharptail said:
It should work. Note the operative word here is "should".... The bottom reciever half should come close to fitting the top- bear in mind that there was more factory hand fitting of parts when the mountie was made. It may take a bit of re-fitting of parts to get such a thing to work....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
That's what I was thjimking when I said it probablt wouldn't work - I guess it's possible, but would/could be a pain in the butt. What about swapping the bbl and mag assembly? Headspace would need to be checked, but I wonder which way would be easier?

Shum8

1 - 5 of 5 Posts