Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy y'all.
I got my first Marlin when I was 14 years old. It was a used 1984C in .41 Magnum with a microgroove barrel and it was love at first sight. Purchased it 20 miles from where it was born in CT which is also my home state. It's the only gun I've ever regretted letting go. I've been dreaming of lever guns ever since.

I've been here in the lovely and extremely conservative foothills of the Sierra Nevadas for 14 years. This place is like a separate state within CA.

I've been shooting all my life and was instructional staff teaching defense handgun classes in NV for a few years.

I've been reloading for 8 or 9 years. Mostly pistol but I've logged adout 15K rounds or more experience on my RL550B. I haven't blown up any guns or hands so far.

I'm looking forward to learning something here. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
Welcome from NC! Lotsa good info to be had round here. Just join right on in.

·
Super Moderator
17,805 Posts
Welcome from Alabama... I used to hang out Grass Valley way, been through Eldorado County a few times too... Lots of nice country there...

·
Super Moderator
12,713 Posts
Welcome to the forum! One of the other mods, JACKTW, lives somewhere in that area and said the smoke from the wildfires has been really bad this year. What kinds of Marlins do you currently own? We love photos! Oh and please update your profile to show location or state. That way we'll know where you are when you talk about stuff like politics or weather lol.

·
Premium Member
10,580 Posts
welcome! from a southern born ******* to a CA *******,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kingstrider,
I'm picking up a 1895 SBL in a couple of days. Been searching for one for a year. Been eyeballing them for many more. Final getting back into lever guns. For hogs and deer, maybe a bear...

·
Registered
21,237 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

·
Super Moderator
16,673 Posts
Welcome from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "The "Original 444 Marlin®" Country!

·
Administrator
30,809 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners from the Sierra Foothills. Enjoy the site.

Jack

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
Welcome from Central NY !

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Thanks for joining us! John

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.