Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before anyone asks, NO PICTURES, my wife is hardly speaking to me, tried to get her to post pics, kept flipping them upside down, she figured out how to flip them upside down, when she posted them, they were still upside down, now I could tell you what she said to me, but I wouldn't be allowed on here anymore!!!! So, scoped rifle, shot a few rds. Sat, had two bxs. 140 gr. 1 Rem., 1 Federal, would not shoot within 7 inches of each other. Went to range today, carried Federal only, made an adjustment from memory at 50 yds., made targets with wide magic marker like crosshairs, first rnd. dead center about 1/8 inch high, moved target to 100 yds. (measured), first shot 1/16 high, possibly 3/8 left, shot no more, 6.5 Creedmores are lasers, good enough for next Sat. rifle opener!!! Got a boatload of bucks on trail cam, 1 really nice 7 pt., was in velvet last wk, lots of scrubs, spikes up to good 6 pointers. Not even interested in pulling the trigger until cold weather, will just feed them and watch, unless as my shooting buddy says " Bullwinkle", shows up!! T Rex

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Just picked up a Mossberg Patriot 6.5 Creedmoor. Very nice rifle. I haven't shot it yet, but while I was out of state my son zeroed it for me. Final result, three shot group at 100 yds. Standing a cartridge up on the target, the base covered the group. Now if I can just get a deer in front of it.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Just picked up a Mossberg Patriot 6.5 Creedmoor. Very nice rifle. I haven't shot it yet, but while I was out of state my son zeroed it for me. Final result, three shot group at 100 yds. Standing a cartridge up on the target, the base covered the group. Now if I can just get a deer in front of it.
Good to know. I've been reading and hearing a lot about this caliber and have almost made up my mind. It's nice to see an arms maker offer up this kind of accuracy for under $500. I'm sure I'll own a combo very soon.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Trophy hunting

That's my Savage Axis in 6.5 CM. The stock is a Boyd's which many recommended as a fix for its tendency to vertically walk. It fixed it and the rifle shoots. Deer was taken at 200 yards with a 120 grain Hornady Full Boar. Hit it twice over the heart. the two exit holes made a figure 8. Didn't need the second shot but heart shot deer often go a ways, It was on a field and wanted to get to cover after being hit. Had one hit with a 270 go a lot farther when heart shot. Shot another earlier that I did not get a picture of. It went down very quickly.

My brother in law shot 3 deer with his 6.5 CM and likes it. He used the 140 grain Remington's he got for about $17 a box and got a couple of bucks with it. He had used a 6.5 Swede for years and now likes the Creedmoor. I think mostly because he got ammo at $17 a box' Don't know that much about the Mossberg you got. but I got a couple of deer with a Maverick, which is a cheaper model in 243. Way it worked out I could have spent more on the rifle from the start.

DEP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.