Marlin Firearms Forum banner

101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
29,503 Posts
Well, I'm on vacation for eight days! Susan has a dog baby sitting job in Baton Rouge to do! She makes money and I get to enjoy the quite time at home! Drank my one cup of coffee and went get us some Yum-Yum for breakfest, she heading out the door in a bit! BIL handed me a JC Higgins bolt action 12 ga model 583.1 asking me to check it out for him. I think High Standard made this for Sears Roebuck and Co. back in the day.

Bubba put his touch on stock! LOL! some type of fiberglass coating!

ca'jun56

·
Super Moderator
23,778 Posts
I had the 20 ga version of that Sears shotgun. Got it from my grandpa back in the late 1960s. I gave it to my son about a decade ago. He uses it for pests in his back yard.

Reactions: cajun56

·
Registered
788 Posts
Good day today! I got the front yard mowed today, the back yard mowed yesterday.
Power washed the patio off yesterday, and I like the results. So do the mosquitoes!
Kids and I watched "The Wolf of Wall Street" during dinner. I highly recommend it, but I have to warn you, it is not for the timid.......

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Usual time for panning the day. Tea, sandwich and my beggar waiting for her share. Will get to town again today to pick up my prescriptions. Probably get roped into cutting more wood today. Wife kind of enjoys stacking the stuff. Two dogs follow us out as she drives the 4 wheeler and I take the tractor. She is in to exercise. I know I should do some more but it hurts. Joints aren't what they were and I have a low level form of arthritis. Still I can move around pretty well I guess. Got my range fixed up so I can start working on rifles again. MY 6.5CM needs to be sighted in. I have a scoped 30-30 that could also be checked out. Probably still in but it requires a cold sight in.

DEP

·
Registered
788 Posts
Morning all....Kind of cloudy here, high will be mid 80's. I think I will take advantage of that and blow off the driveway and front porch. Got my bone scan tests back yesterday, no cancer lesions sighted in any of the bones. But something is sending the PSA's up.
Well anyway, out with the blower! Y'all have a great day!!

·
Premium Member
10,906 Posts
Good morning all .................another day chase'n them illusive dollars. Not quite sure about all that anymore, but too late to just up and quit outright. .............we'll see.
Have a good and safe one all.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Good morning all .................another day chase'n them illusive dollars. Not quite sure about all that anymore, but too late to just up and quit outright. .............we'll see.
Have a good and safe one all.
Probably depends if work is interfering with stick time in that beautiful plane.

Padraig

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a cup of gunship in front of me while I sit on the deck at my house and enjoying the beginning of a beautiful day. Except for the flu shot. I hate needles,

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
23,655 Posts
just now got up. i used to get up early but my back keeps me up most of the night any more.
I went to the creek over at my deer lease a couple days ago with my beagle and my shot gun...was planning on listening to a good race and maybe get me a rabbit or two.
But i saw so many deer, i hated to turn a dog loose in there. it was like every corner i drove around, there was more deer. I drove up to within 80 yards of a spike eating out of a feeder and he didn't even care.
i backed out of there and left. kind of bummed me out though...i wanted to hear my dog run.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Planning my day again. Probably cut a little wood again. May just finish hauling what is split by the big piles. Had to weld up a smaller trailer a couple of days ago. Not really good at it as I don't do it much, but I think I can haul with it again. Frost warnings out again. Should just dig the rest of the stuff up in the garden and then mow it so I can take the brush mower off. All kinds of things I should do. Just need to get at them.

DEP

·
Premium Member
10,906 Posts
Morning all ................get this cup down and off I go. It'll be hot today with that heavy smoke from the fires.
Have a safe one all..............

·
Registered
98 Posts
Another mug of BRCC Gunship. Off to the shop to build another hidden gunshelf. This one is going to be built into a table with a drawer. The gun is in a pocket to the side of the drawer which stays just a drawer.
This is for a customer that has a gunshop in his home. I will be building 6 total shelves/tables for him and his family. Then he wants some to sell.
I finished building a bunch for friends and family. Now to make some money.
Also building custom tackle/rod cases. But the design is not yet complete.
Have a great day guys, I will.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Out the window all looks dark and misty behind a faint hint of orange. The big fires of Oregon and California are hundreds of miles away but are large enough to choke us out up here in western Washington. The air quality index is "Dangerous". I'd take a hike but the nearest fresh air is in eastern Montana and Wyoming.

Coffee is especially good when the weather is bad. On these days, if you look about and consider all around you it might become depressing. But looking down in the cup as you lift it to your lips is always localized, an introspective. So, this morning I'm concentrating on the first cup of the day.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
So far the air has been relatively clear of smoke. Froze last night and is still chilly this morning. Get to talk with my finance consultant today. They changed things so that I do not have to cash in my retirement funds. They took a bit of a drop after COVID hit. Bad time to cash in. I can wait until I am 72 now so I hope things improve by then. They were in a good investment and it has shown some recovery.

DEP

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ahhhh! Another great day and a cup o joe. Gonna go back into the shop today and set up that new band saw. And then finish a gun keeper table. Start another table and build another work table this one is gonna have a granite top so my glue can be scraped off. A buddy is coming by to help. Hope you all have a great day.

·
Super Moderator
11,761 Posts
Morning all and happy Friday! Sipping my first cup and enjoying the start of a 3 day weekend. Going fishing with friends on the St. Johns river today. The mullet are making the seasonal run so we are hoping to see some apex predators in action.

·
Super Moderator
23,778 Posts
Just started the pot a few minutes ago. Due to the rain, I will be shooting some big bore Ruger handguns today. Taking out a 44 Mag Ruger RH and 45 Colt Ruger RH along with a 45 Colt Ruger Vaquero.

·
Premium Member
10,906 Posts
Work'n the pot as we speak .........good morning all. Smoke was light yesterday, so hope for the same today.
Head to the job here in a bit and see if I can find that money which continues to elude me.

Be safe, and enjoy your day.........

101 - 120 of 124 Posts