Marlin Firearms Forum banner

81 - 100 of 124 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,655 Posts
morning all. my first pot is done...sitting here and trying to get a game plan together. need to plant oats. might get that done later.
had a guy call me and asked if i could get him a swamp rabbit...he wants it for his collection. i know where some are, shouldn't be too hard.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Sitting here waiting to start a full body bone scan...Supposedly gonna take 5 HOURS!!
Ugh.........Have a good day all.......

Reactions: cajun56

·
Registered
788 Posts
Thanks Phreddie, but it's all good. My cancer is back, but I am asymptomatic so you would never know except for the blood tests. Havin' fun with the .22's anyhow!

Reactions: cajun56 and northmn

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Mike, hope things work out for you.
Navajo, planting oats in Sept kin of gets my attention. Stuff might actually get to sprout if I did it. Just had a few days of frost warnings. My clover is doing well this year. That seems to be about as good a crop as I can plant. Been working on one deer stand a bit. Mostly fixing it up as I don't like ot spend a lot on them.

Sitting back now with my black tea, bacon and egg sandwich and planning my day.

DEP

·
Super Moderator
11,761 Posts
Prayers sent Mike!

Sipping a cup and getting ready for the range shortly. Going to take this ported 686-5 I picked up a few weeks ago for a good price. Supposedly it had an 'action job' but this translated to multiple light primer strikes and FTFs. Wound up replacing the mainspring and strain screw but should be good to go now.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I miss my Bonanza screwdrivers. Lost them to my errant son years ago. Replaced them with a set of Grace. I like the handles on the grace drivers better, but was kind of nostalgic when it concerned the Bonanzas.
I like the full underlug Smiths, but dang! they are heavy!!

·
Super Moderator
23,655 Posts
northmn-

here we try to get plots out before Oct1st if we can....gun hunters do in mean, bow guys plant in early Sept. I'm not a bow hunter...I was just going off our long term forecast for this year.
I planted an acre of crimson clover and milo back in summer and it's doing great. I got one more plot to put in today and i'm done besides fixing one of my feeders. I had hogs tear up two already this year.

·
Registered
29,503 Posts
Spent the last two days scrouging up can goods and dry beans along with clothes to be brought to Lake Charles area to help out the needs of the people over there.
Drank my one cup of joe and heading out the door in a bit!

ca'jun56

·
Super Moderator
23,655 Posts
yep im about to go get on my tractor here in a bit....can't decide if i should use the massey or the kubota....
my arm is sore from casting seeds. i done planted 150lbs so far.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Our fall planting is usually done in late July or early August. I have a small Kubota and really need a heavier tractor. Looked at one when I retired but had two daughters that wanted to buy homes. Kind of hard for a dad not to help out his daughters. Both wanted to come home from the Fargo area. One paid her dues as a nurse so the local hospital would hire her and the other's husband paid his dues as a survey technician so that he could be good to have them around home again. I really should get another tractor, its just kind of hard to justify just to plow food plots. I do have a 3 point tiller that does the plowing and disking is one operation but the rocks are a bit tough on it..

DEP

·
Premium Member
10,905 Posts
......suppose there was a good reason I never passed that detective test, just figured out this was the 'Retirees Corner'!
Well, I did get retired from one career, work'n on this one here which I never actually left ...family deal.
Hope that first retirement qualifies. .........................anyway, good forum here for me, keeps this city boy in touch with the real world.
One more cup, then off to that other career. .....stay safe, have a great day.

·
Super Moderator
23,655 Posts
I'm tractor poor northmn,
I own a 40hp 4wd Kubota, a Massey Furgeson 245 and a Noew Holland 100hp 4wd backhoe.
I would be ashamed to say how much money i have invested in them... hell, i have a small fortune just in implements.
I quit using a disc and bought a roto-tiller. it works a lot better.

·
Registered
44 Posts
First cup done, just about to fire up the machine for another.
Wifey still asleep (05:00) so I can't make too much noise yet.
Have already checked the cat trap and released the long-nosed bandicoot that was patiently waiting to be released. Will surf the interweb for an hour then down to the reloading bench.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Had to look up a bandicoot out of curiosity. Australia has some different animals from the States. Getting ready to fire things up a bit for the morning tea and breakfast. Will be working on the range a bit today again. Just need to get some card board for the back stop. Brush mowed it yesterday. Kind of put off my shooting in the summer and mostly go fishing. Might try to catch a few for the freezer before the lake ices over.

DEP

·
Registered
788 Posts
Morning all! Just about to finish my first cup. Noticed yesterday the haze from the fires in the west has made it to north Texas. Too high up to be a problem, ragweed is what we are fighting around here. Ya'll have a great Sunday!!

·
Premium Member
10,905 Posts
Good morning all.........work'n on the my third cup. Smoke down to the ground here Mike. Yesterday afternoon had to be the worst.
Not sure how this day goes ............probably should be at work, but need a break.

·
Premium Member
11,612 Posts
Good morning all.........work'n on the my third cup. Smoke down to the ground here Mike. Yesterday afternoon had to be the worst.
Not sure how this day goes ............probably should be at work, but need a break.
Well Mike - I've got the coffee on this morning, but haven't had a sip yet. Amazed that I can even type on the keyboard without coffee in my system. I'll get a cuppa coffee shortly.

Dog is looking at me like he wants to sleep some more.

AQI is 384, which is awful bad, but 100 points better than yesterday. Supposed to see cooler weather and even a little rain here in central Washington over the next couple of days. That should help a lot with the fires.

Good Morning All, Guy

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Sipping my cup of tea in front of a fire. Cleaning up after a cough caused by eating in front of the computer screen. Should not do that nor drink tea near a computer. Fire feels good. Nothing like wood to cut the chill. Logger left me a lot of tops which are easy to put up and dried pretty quickly. Planning my day around my 01500 tire appointment. Kind of getting over the sticker shock and the fact that I am supposed to replace all 4 of them because one got ruined. Kind of trying to wrap my head around that also.

DEP

81 - 100 of 124 Posts