Marlin Firearms Forum banner

61 - 80 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
^^^^^^^^^ Talkin' big while momma is out of the house!!!!

Reactions: cajun56

·
Registered
788 Posts
Morning all! Up early. We have our first cold front moving through today! Yeaaaa!!!!

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
After posting this it will be time to get up and brew some tea and make my breakfast sandwich. Little beggar is sleeping on the couch but will get up to help me. Probably will be getting up more wood today. Early morning like this is my quiet time as my wife likes to sleep in. She spends every other day now, taking care of her mother and when home likes to have someone else make supper. Last night I took some left over beef roast and made a stew. All the vegetable ingredients were out of the garden. Don't mind cooking as she is on a health kick and tends ot make some casseroles that are intriguing to say the least. I like meat and potatoes.

DEP

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Dang Jmag,
Your fires are really smoking up my place here in Idaho.
Supposed to shoot a .22 precision match at 9:AM (only drinking one cup this AM), but hope we can see the targets!!
If I was flying today, I'd have to file IFR!

Reactions: JMAG54

·
Registered
98 Posts
Made "Gunship" for her today. She said i made a great cup today! Going back to bed.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,905 Posts
Morning all ..................pot about done, time to get to it.
Hey pathfinder .....really something to see all the airsupport brought in for this real dangerous local one we got. Prop, rotor, jet ....you name it. Shifting high winds aren't helping..............

·
Premium Member
11,612 Posts
Took the dog for a walk this morning. Walked about an hour along the Columbia, and WOW, we saw some bird life:

bald eagle
osprey
heron (several)
egret
ducks - mallards & more
geese
downy woodpecker
quail
crows

My goodness! It was a good walk. Now for breakfast.

Yes, it's smokey as all get out here, but... we needed the walk. Eyes are not happy with the smoke. :(

Guy

·
Registered
788 Posts
We broke a record this morning! 55 degrees! Last time it was this cool on this day was back in the 40's.
Cold front is finally here. None too soon for Taylor and me. Everyone have a great Thursday!

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
700, one thing about your walks I noticed is that you do get to stop and catch your wind taking al those pictures. They are appreciated.

About time to start the usual rituals for the morning. Should dig the 3-point blade out and get it handy for the winter. Kind of a pain when it gets froze in. Deer season is about election time and many have voted absentee some seasons. Will not talk politics on this site, save that for my one son-in-law and do so mostly to pull his chain.

DEP

·
Super Moderator
23,778 Posts
Still having my first cup of coffee at work--and thankfully my thermos still has a lot of joe left! I have a lot of work to get done today. Last time I was in a forest fire was during my Army days at Ft. Wainwright, AK. Two small planes collided and crashed south of Fairbanks, AK which started a very large fire in the "bush" as the locals called it. The fire got into the Fort training areas requiring many of us soldiers to become adhoc firefighters. I dug a lot of firebreaks and cleared out fire hazard areas south of the Post Garrison area. I remember M16A2 qualification with the range still smoldering after the immediate danger had passed---making it hard to hit the 300 meter (and beyond) pop-up targets.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Morning all ..................pot about done, time to get to it.
Hey pathfinder .....really something to see all the airsupport brought in for this real dangerous local one we got. Prop, rotor, jet ....you name it. Shifting high winds aren't helping..............
Yeah, aerial fire fighting can do a lot!
10-12 years ago, I had a cabin about 60 miles back in the forest along the Salmon River (Yellow Pine, ID) & a thunder boomer moved through about 2 AM. Woke me up & I was watching the lightening strikes on the peaks across the river.
Sure enough, one tree at the top apx a mile away started burning. I thought, Dang if I had my old Stearman duster down at the airstrip, (Johnson Creek- great back country grass strip!), I could put that out with one dump pass!
By morning it was apx 1/4 acre, but by the time the Forrest Service got a Smoke Jumper team over it, it was a acre+.
They decided it was too steep to jump on though, so when the crews & tankers finally came in, all they could do is sort of steer it around the few cabins & lodges. & it ended up burning a few thousand acres of timber:mad:!

·
Registered
98 Posts
My wife found the supply of Black Rifle Coffee this am. First thing outa her mouth is "when did you get this?" And then she proceeded to make coffee. I told her "Not bad for a beginner".
I made BLTs for breakfast with extra bacon. I am headed to my shop to do some woodturning. Have a great day!

·
Premium Member
10,905 Posts
Morning all, at the work desk already, pots finished. ....................bet you got some stories pathfinder. 985 w/ a Hamilton I'd presume?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Morning all, at the work desk already, pots finished. ....................bet you got some stories pathfinder. 985 w/ a Hamilton I'd presume?
Yep, never flew behind a Lyc. in one. Same colors as yours, but really faded!
And of course, only held one.

·
Super Moderator
11,761 Posts
Morning all. Woke early so swapped a toilet seat in the guest bathroom at 0500 and testing it out now with a cup of Gevalia lol. My kids are coming down to visit this weekend, first time in over 2 months due to corona. Should be a good weekend.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Trying to plan the day again. Yesterday went tried to go to town and ended up with a piece of rod about 4" long and 3/8 in diameter in one of my tires. As it is a AWD and the tires have 31000 on them they claim I need to replace all 4 tires. Riding on a donut now as the damage was too much to repair. My Roku got hacked last night and they tried to extort $300 out of me. Wish we could treat those foreign hackers like we did the Barbary coast pirates.

DEP

·
Premium Member
10,905 Posts
Morning all ..............finish this last cup then off to work. Take'n the Daughter, so that always makes it a good day for Daddy.
Continental ...............same thing. Got two very good McCauley's for it, lucky boy ......well, as of last inspection.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ahhh! A cup of gunship in the morning. Going to Fort Collins CO to pick up my wife's new to her embroidery machine. Then to Pawnee national grasslands to help a buddy break in his brand new S&W AR. Then sight in the new scope on an old Savage 110 in 30.06. Gonna be a fun day!

61 - 80 of 124 Posts