Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the Henry site has something like this morning coffee thread. I like it... just say good morning and what's up without any intense opinions about anything. Just a hi....the coffee is good... the weather is whatever it is...today I'm getting into....etc.

My coffee is good....weather is great after getting some nice fall rains to end our dry stretch in august. I might shoot the 30 30 today to see what changing the stock out did to where its shooting..... life is not bad....

·
Super Moderator
11,788 Posts
Enjoying a cup of coffee before I hop in the shower. Looking forward to going to the range after work to pick up a new to me S&W 617-4.

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
I'm having a cup before my early morning walk. Then I'll have another while I "work" from home. Going to the office only two days a week for now.

·
Super Moderator
23,831 Posts
Had a cup before my hour long commute about 2.5 hours ago. Having another cup at the office while I figure out what the day's immediate priorities will be........

Reactions: JACKTW and Jeepnut

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
We have been doing this sort of in the thread "this morning its chilly" but it would be ideal to avoid the politics I so often encounter on this site. For me its morning tea now. I am no connoisseur and buy a big box of English black tea. Make it out of tea bags and do not brew it like coffee. Supposed to have some good qualities. Being retired one tends to put some things off. Nice morning, should have went fishing but instead decided not to. Always tomorrow. Like certain weather conditions mostly. They aren't there today. A bit too windy.

DEP

·
Registered
831 Posts
Been raining since about 4:00 yesterday afternoon. looking at 4" plus in my neighborhood so far. May rain the rest of today.
That's how it works out here on the edge of the great plains.
Breakfast is done, grandkids are off to work. I may take my new to me 1940's Mossberg .22 to the indoor range today to see how it works.
I'm betting we will like this thread.

Reactions: Jeepnut

·
Registered
592 Posts
Just brewing a cup now, wish I could find my old stovetop percolator!
Nothing like a percolator to put the wonderful aroma of coffee into the room. Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
My wife and I used to be heavy coffee drinkers to the point of belonging to coffee clubs and grinding our own beans. We preferred Central American coffees, Mexican, Guatemalan, Costa Rican, Columbian, etc.

Then we moved. In the moving process we started drinking tea and so far haven't gone back. My mother in law is a big tea drinker, probably 6-8 cups a day. Her favorite is Yorkshire Gold, an import but available here. It's a strong, flavorful British tea and can easily brew 3-4 cups/bag. My wife likes a Cornish tea, Smuggler's Blend. It's milder and hard to get. In fact our son brings it to her from his yearly trips to England. I like Barry's, an Irish tea, midway between the Yorkshire and the Cornish. We had an entire cabinet filled with flavored teas, but drink very little of those any more.

Probably go back to coffee one of these days, but we have to drink decaf now.

A few years back we were on a cruise that stopped in Cartagena, Columbia. We took a motor tour through the city--dangerous to walk. Well the tour cars stopped at a small strip mall that had a store owned by one of the relatives of the driver. And in one of those shops I bought a dusty bag of "local Columbian beans". No telling how long it had sat there. Turned out it brewed the absolute best, smoothest, most flavorful coffee we'd ever tasted. Nothing before or since has come close. If I could find more of that, I wouldn't drink anything else.

We need another thread to talk about bourbons....

Reactions: pathfinder65

·
Super Moderator
11,788 Posts
Warming up to my first cup of coffee now. Last day of the work week then off for 4 days. Yabba dabba doo!

·
Super Moderator
23,831 Posts
Brewing up the pot now. Going to the LGS range in a little over an hour from now. Need to test out some 327 FM and 44 SPL loads out in my Ruger handguns...........

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Drinking my second cup of coffee, life is good. We have been using a French press to make our coffee for about 20 years. Quick, easy and makes great coffee. We always buy beans and grind just before brewing.

Padraig

·
Registered
831 Posts
Hey! Good morning!
Just sitting down in front of the computer. I usually spend a cup in front of the computer checking out Marlin Owner's and Facebook. When my coffee is finished I'm up and about. That's provided I feel good. BTW, if you folks have Winco groceries in your neighborhood I am going to plug the different coffees they sell in the bulk section. Very good!!
Still raining this morning, but it seems to be moving south and east. Going to ruin some areas for dove hunting this weekend, but at least it's not 100 out!
Ya'll have a good day!

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Got to brew my tea yet. Supposed to wait a half hour before eating after taking my blood pressure meds. So I usually do my computer visiting between. Don't really miss the coffee that much, but black tea has a similar flavor.

DEP

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Sitting here with my first cup. Good morning all!
Later on Thur mornings I get together with 3-4 other OLD guys at a closed Pawn/Gun shop (the owner opens just for this) to have coffee & BS for a couple hours.
Topics are primarily guns, politics, what is going on in the world & comments on the occasional gal that walks by!
I'll do a bit of load testing ('89- 32-20) at the range before I go, seeking that near one hole group load.
I do drink tea too, but in the evening. Usually Constant Comment or Earl Gray.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Working from home this morning and went for a cup of coffee and my wife told me we are out!!! Guess we will be running to the store today.

All of this working from home since March has got me even more excited than usual this year for September 12 to get here. Archery season for the entire state opens a week from Saturday. I'm sitting here thinking about all of the hunting I'm planning for this year. I hope it all comes to fruition and it's a good season...I need it this year!

·
Registered
931 Posts
This teleworking thing, no complaints. Get up in the morning, drink a cup of coffee, and start my day, all while wearing shorts, t-shirt, and slippers.

1 - 20 of 177 Posts