1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
a great tribute

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I have an admission to make about Memorial Day. It's my least favorite of our national holidays. It's the time that takes me to memories of the friends that I lost, and brings on a touch of depression and "survivor guilt" that I've never quite been able to get past. Does it have this affect on any of you other guys?

·
Registered
653 Posts
I have an admission to make about Memorial Day. It's my least favorite of our national holidays. It's the time that takes me to memories of the friends that I lost, and brings on a touch of depression and "survivor guilt" that I've never quite been able to get past. Does it have this affect on any of you other guys?
Don't feel alone, the survivor guilt club has lots of members including me. It took me MANY years to come to peace with myself, but I beat the demon and the depression that went with it. Go to the wall, it is a healing place and will talk to you and help. :tee:You are human and are entitled to feel the way you do and not to be ashamed of your feelings.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another tragic failing of the Obama administration (and the commie horde in general) is that they would use ANY means to deny the 2nd Amendment--including using things like PTSD as an excuse to prohibit firearm ownership. How many have been faced with the choice of treatment or risking the loss of their right to own firearms?

Reactions: etexoldguy

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Don't feel alone, the survivor guilt club has lots of members including me. It took me MANY years to come to peace with myself, but I beat the demon and the depression that went with it. Go to the wall, it is a healing place and will talk to you and help. :tee:You are human and are entitled to feel the way you do and not to be ashamed of your feelings.
The traveling wall came near me once, and you're right, we talked for quite some time and it did help, but I'm not sure the feelings will ever completely go away. Thanks for the nice words.

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
Yes Bobby, like you, I also have "survivor guilt". One of my "Best friends" in our younger years was killed April 7th 1969. We were both in the jungle at the same time, but different parts of the country. To this day, I miss "Larry", & think of him often, & think to myself, why him & not me!! But talking to Larry while I was visiting "The Wall" helped me a whole lot!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Another tragic failing of the Obama administration (and the commie horde in general) is that they would use ANY means to deny the 2nd Amendment--including using things like PTSD as an excuse to prohibit firearm ownership. How many have been faced with the choice of treatment or risking the loss of their right to own firearms?[/QUOT

I don't think any of us want to answer that question.

Reactions: Uncle Sid

·
Registered
653 Posts
The traveling wall came near me once, and you're right, we talked for quite some time and it did help, but I'm not sure the feelings will ever completely go away. Thanks for the nice words.
The feelings never really completely go away, we just control them and learn to live with them, except in my case on this day of REMEMBERING. :tee:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.