Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More Excitement Than Expected
Officer arrested an armed suspect - 8-12 feet from my MINI. The officer used his AR style carbine. The officer was textbook squared away. The officer came out from behind his patrol car to avoid having me directly down range behind the suspect. He kept moving while on target and ordering suspect to the ground. More important he avoided covering my MINI. ;
STUPID? The young man who drove his SUV BETWEEN the officer and the suspect…(distance 30 or so feet between). THEN, while this was still in progress he and his wife take out their baby from the car seat within 20 feet of things.
Helpful would be to not make any sudden moves, turn off your engine, keep your hands in plain view of the officer till otherwise instructed…and however tempted - do not wap idiots who bring a baby into a potential gunfight.

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Some folk's just don't put observation and thought together. The only time I think that I would get close to 'police activity', is if I was alone and the LEO was outnumbered, even then I would be inclined to stick around, in reserve, until back-up arrived. Try to be a good witness and offer up as a potential witness if needed. If I had family with me I would have to ensure their safety first of course.

"Caught", like you were, you're pretty much along for the ride. Sound's like the officer did an A-1 job sorting through the surrounding chaff. My Brother work's at one of the school's in AK, and speak's very highly of the LEO's in Alaska. Good guy's doing a very tough job.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
That's what I call "distracted driving" if you are so unaware (for any reason) that you drive into the middle of a potential gunfight...

·
Registered
768 Posts
Again, people unaware of what is going on around them. Putting their own life and that of their child in danger. Not to mention the officers life. Same people as the uninformed voter.
Been there. Then the officer gets a complaint called in on him or her after he yells and tells them to move or get out of the way.

Reactions: AlaskaDawg
1 - 5 of 5 Posts