Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fellow forum members.....If you recall, within the last couple of days, one of us attempted to consumate a deal for a 1894M listed on Arm$list out of Las Vegas. This was ferretted out as a scam. Well, the unscrupulous ******* is at it again with two stainless 1894s again this morning, one in .44, one in .357, each for $700. He is using the same strange verbiage in his replies for these two as he did with the 1894M. Beware gentlemen....

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Well Ain't that just Grand!!!!????

He contacted me again a couple days ago wanting to know if I still wanted the 1894M!???
I didn't bother to reply, I would like to have reached in an STRANGLE the life outta him!!!

Beware is right!

Blood

·
Registered
179 Posts
Since I started that last heads up the nearly caught Ray I went in and looked at the two offerings this guy has and then did a search on Gunbroker for completed items that match his descriptions. Yep, found them both. I flagged his ads as Scams.

Good catch AccuRat!

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Maybe an anonymous call/tip to the Vegas PD is in order, potential firearms fraud or whatever... would give the guy a bad day anyway.. :flute:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
My mama always told me that if it looks to good to be true, it probably is best to walk on by.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I wonder if we had a member in Vegas that would agree to the deal only if the guy would do a face to face transaction. Wonder what kind of excuse the guy would come up with then?

Isn’t fraud illegal? Wouldn’t the LV PD be delighted to find out about his guy? Certainly his IP address can be traced by the PD. The scum bag deserves a long term visit to the county jail.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Can't believe this guy is back. I'm attaching the DL he sent me as verification, but it's all wrong, so if you have any dealings with this guy BEWARE!

Just in case anyone (moderator) is concerned with posting this, the NV BMV advises that the vertical license is used for under 21, and the DOB on this puts him as as 53. I also checked LV Court records and found the name but with a different DOB. I also ran the DL number and it doesn't come back to anything....

·
Registered
857 Posts
Can't believe this guy is back. I'm attaching the DL he sent me as verification, but it's all wrong, so if you have any dealings with this guy BEWARE!

Just in case anyone (moderator) is concerned with posting this, the NV BMV advises that the vertical license is used for under 21, and the DOB on this puts him as as 53. I also checked LV Court records and found the name but with a different DOB. I also ran the DL number and it doesn't come back to anything....

I'm shocked his name is not MCLaughlin... nice photoshop'd picture in that license.... lol

I know, who the scammer is......

HarryReid.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,038 Posts
Think the same guy is at it again this morning on WI Armslist, except with a 1894 FG, Henry 44-40, Win 1886, and a M60. He has the Henry for sale at $1800 and it's the same pic on GB that is bidded up to $2250. Looks like he copied part of the GB's verbage. Someone smarter than me needs to stop this scammer in a trap.

·
Registered
5 Posts
New here. Saw this site while searching for the elusive 1894 in .41 Mag . . . at a decent price!

(I know, go ahead and laugh!)

Anyway, I am a Moderator on neveadshooters.com

With thousands of members, and the majority living in Las Vegas, it shouldn't be too difficult to set this jerk up. Just arrange for a face-to-face deal on a gun. If he won't do it, you know he's DEFINITELY not legit!

·
Administrator
27,837 Posts
There are a lot of creeps on Armslist, so much so that I have long ago stopped even going there to view anything. But this creep needs to get caught red handed for fraud and have charges brought against him. Too bad a sting can't be performed.

Nice catch AccuRat!

Hey Ray, aren't you relieved you didn't go forward with this guy? I'm sure you would have hunted the dog down though. HA!

Jack

Reactions: dpe.ahoy

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
That is one of the worst PhotoShop jobs I have ever seen...

I know 14 year-olds that do better work...

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
I shop armslist all the time but its only local and face to face....thats the right way to do armslist....

·
Registered
198 Posts
New here. Saw this site while searching for the elusive 1894 in .41 Mag . . . at a decent price!

(I know, go ahead and laugh!)

Anyway, I am a Mod on neveadshooters.com

With thousands of members, and the majority living in Las Vegas, it shouldn't be too difficult to set this jerk up. Just arrange for a face-to-face deal on a gun. If he won't do it, you know he's DEFINITELY not legit!
I suspect that he doesn't even live in Las Vegas, that's just what his phony driver's license happens to say.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I shop armslist all the time but its only local and face to face....thats the right way to do armslist....
Actually, That's the ONLY way to do Armslist. There are sooo many scams out there, ya can't spot 'em all.
Check out an ad for a"Greener" in Texas... only $1000. I checked GB...same gun a more reasonable $2000.
Asked for pics...the jerk in Texas sent me pics of the one from GB...minus the ones with the serial number, of course.
I wish there was a way to set these bastards up with a sting...I'd do it in a minute. The only thing I would ask is that
I could bring my sap along on the pinch.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts