Marlin Firearms Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,755 Posts
Ya, I too, thoroughly enjoyed.

The only thing better, would have been being there, as one of the hunters!

Thanks, Guy

·
Registered
341 Posts
The hunt is over for this morning, so it's dinner time!
Great camp pictures...this group could be from Alabama or anywhere else in the world. Hunting is a true brotherhood that cuts accross all boundries.
Thank you for sharing.
RT4

·
Registered
755 Posts
Interesting read - thanks for posting! I have lots of questions!
Is the 6.5 x 55 used very often? I hear often that the 156 grain loads from Norma and Lapua were successfully used on moose over the years - what are your thoughts on the Lapue Mega and Norma Oryx? Also, how does one become a member of a club? Is it possible for a lone citizen to obtain a permit and hunt alone? How much does a club membership cost? Thanks for all of the info!

·
Registered
81 Posts
6,5x55 is common caliber in Finland, I have several friends who use it. It is a "allround" caliber like 308. Nowadays people are increasingly using bigger calibers for moose. Mega and Oryx will do the trick, I found mega to be bit too soft and fragile for my taste. I used Oryx for many years with my 9,3x62, but now I am using copper with all my hunting rifles.

You need atleast 10 members so you can claim license if your club doesnt have private lands. Requirements to join vary with each club / hunting party. Some require money, references or even land, others arent so strict.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Very good read :) Thanks for sharing!

Greetings Juergen

·
Registered
25 Posts
This was a very interesting read. I have not hunted moose yet but on my list to do and with a lever action gives it a new twist.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts