Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awhile back I ran across an article on using a Ramline barrel band forend on and end cap model.
I've searched several times, but no luck. Might be part of a total project build, and I'm not using right words.
Might not even be on here, as in the past I would use general Google searches, that's how I found this place, very informative, I might add.
Just got home from having a tuneup done on my replacement knee joint, so thought it would be a good time to do he research and parts gathering for a shortie with a Ramline stock.
I would appreciate any info leading me to modifying the forend.
Thanks Don

·
Contributing Member
11,599 Posts
Don, you're not crazy, I know the thread/post you're talking about. If I remember right it was a guy doing up a 336Y for his kid. I'm struggling to find it as well but I'll keep rooting around and if I find it I'll come back with the link.

Something to consider though is that the Ramline's aren't known for their quality. Also, it will change the balance of the gun.

·
Administrator
23,796 Posts
Buy that stock set then cut it to length. Plan on doing some fill work where the cap meets the for end. Also plan on doing something like coating it with spray on truck bed liner to make it all look the same after the work is done.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got my new Ramline, nothing more done though, than a couple of pics for now.
Still looking for that thread with the end cap stock modification on a Ramline.
Probably fill with short hair glass, any suggestions will be considered.

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Got my new Ramline, nothing more done though, than a couple of pics for now.
Still looking for that thread with the end cap stock modification on a Ramline.
Probably fill with short hair glass, any suggestions will be considered.
Keep us updated cause I'm definitely interested in this :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Count me in on the interested list.. I was going to swap back to a barrel band from my end cap, but that's going to be too extensive of an operation lol

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A few more pics for now.
Obviously have to trim/notch for endcap and tenon. Forend is thin enough to slip in ec, but has no shoulder at this point, as the original had.
Now you can see what has to be filled, quite a bit. The body work would be no problem, but the thoughts of paint/bedliner start to set in, not the applying, just don't like the thoughts of paint. Also with the much slimmer Ramline the forend seems so long now, maybe move the ec back,which then eliminates the paint.
Gotta go for now.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I cheated, for now, as I want to be able to use this for this season, I cut the notches for a barrel band, I borrowed.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got the orig, sights, hard to see in the pic. Too much background clutter.
Can't get on PBkt right now, of course 2 mins. from now, might be different.
Don

1 - 11 of 11 Posts