Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
i`m fairly new to this forum and have whats turned out to be a Marlin 94 -Baby Saddle-ring Carbine, chambered in 32-20.
With info from other members on this forum it seems to be a fairly rare find.
I`m in need of a new mainspring as the one fitted is in 3 pieces,
my question; is there anywhere here in Australia I can purchase one of these flat springs?
Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
578 Posts
hammer spring ? (Brownells web sight has schematic) is common part. Try brownells web sight or western firearms (Sydney), rebel (qld) any gunshop should be able to get one

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Wisners in Washington State, U.S.A. has these but I don't know if they ship to Australia. The spring isn't too difficult to make provided you haven't thrown the three parts of the broken one you mention away. You'll need them as a template to make the new one.

Reactions: whiskers

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,
I have actually made one, it took a couple of attempts to get the hardening/tempering just right, but i finally got it.
now I need to carefully thin the spring a bit to get get correct hammer speed, as its a bit too stiff.
Cheers

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Careful rattlesnake or we will have you making all sorts of things! [ pre '79 ejector comes to mind ]:biggrin:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah,
I was sort of thinking I might have a go at making a new ejector or two,, just for spares.
They look easy enough, and I have plenty of light # spring stock, and flat strips that I can harden and shape.
Are the ejectors the same in all pre`79 marlin `94`s?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Might be calibre specific ? :dontknow:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.