Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recent find of a 93 Ser #10622x 38-55 cal. no markings on top of tang, is this unusual on a early rifle. marlin safety on top of receiver with a two line roll stamp on barrel, year of manuf. ?? also looking for an extractor as this one has a broken spring. also in need of correct sites. Any help from anyone.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Hello Norton Buffalo! I'll check my stock, and see what I have for the extractor. Is it just the extractor spring, or the extractor too?
As for early 1893's and unmarked tangs; this is not unusual. First, and even some second year 1893's are often found without a tang rollstamp. Your serial number should fall into 1893-94 range. I have an 1894 that letters to July of 1894, with serial number 107xxx, and it too doesn't have a tang rollstamp.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MM I believe it is just the spring but I would take both if possible. How about front and rear sites. Please e-mail me with any possibilities.
Thank you.............

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
I have the spring separately if you want one. I don't ever sell old Marlin sights. I hoard them for my own use! :D Sorry.

·
Registered
397 Posts
One thing to remember on those early Model 1893's with no tang markings - they should be considered as the "FOR BLACK POWDER" models as far as loads go. Before 1895, they were all "FOR BLACK POWDER". Stay away from the stout modern loads.

WB

·
Registered
272 Posts
For a new spring,ask your wife or girlfriend for one of those GIANT hair pins..They do the job really well by installing it in the spring slot at the bulb end..Found out those gals are eager to help if us'ns will just give them a chance..I had asked everybody I knew and many I didn't know about the springs with no luck..Wife asked me what it was getting me down so low.Told her and no sooner finished,when out of her girly box came a GIANT hair pin.That was seven years ago and it is still working.....modoc

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
That's a great idea, and real ingenuity Modoc! I'll have to try that myself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts