Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to hear of your experiences with the 925 in terms of accuracy @50yds. If you have the 22mag I'd like to hear how you do a little farther out there.

How was the price and where did you buy it (local shop or wally etc)?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So is it an entry level rifle?

Anybody here have one of these?

My next rimfire will be in 22mag.....so was looking something easy on the pocketbook due to other rimfires in the gun cabinet.

Thanx.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Perforator,
When I saw 925 in your post it didn't strike me what it was. Marlin for some reason wants to put a 9 on their rifles. If your post had said just 25 then I would've known. Anyway, I don't own one, but I do know folks who do and they are pleased with them both in function and accuracy. As with any of the mass produced rimfires you will have to work on the trigger to get it decent. Savage also makes a good rifle in .22 mag in many variations. I have owned some of them and they are an accurate rifle also. The savage may be a little less in cost depending on which model you get.

·
Banned
843 Posts
I have the marlin bolt/magazine with the pressed checker stock in 22mag. I think it is called a 924m. It has a Simmons 22mag scope variable...the whole think was less than 200 dollars new. The triggers are rudimentary and poor, although the new 925 model has a different trigger group. My trigger is simple, and simple to work on. The workmanship is Okay, function good, ergonomics good. Accuracy without any real work is 3/4" with Win 40gr at fifty yards just out of the box and 1 to 1 1/2" at 100yd. I think this could be improved with work on the rifle. Actually some 3 shot groups show quite nicely. It is a pretty good solid rifle for the money. But these days CZ's turn me on alot, but are a little more than 200 dollars and usually they warrant a higher quality scope. just my 2 centavos....

............................TM7

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx for the help, guys....much appreciated. I'd not heard a thing about the 25 until seeing an ad in GandA this past month. They were touting their new trigger group. Hope to be able to grab one in the next year (got a big trip to Co. for elk).

Perferator

1 - 5 of 5 Posts