Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is anyone able to explain how to reassemble the trigger group sear and springs on a Model 81Bolt action? I see the short one fits vertically behind in the slot, Where does the longer one belong?

·
Registered
818 Posts
If you are wondering why no one has responded to this thread, it might be because we can't figure out what a model 82 is. Do you mean an 882?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s on me Marvin. I have the wrong model number listed. It should be a model 81. My actual rifle is a Sears and Roebuck re-branded Marlin 81. I have re-assembled the trigger this morning and all is good. But, The root problem which prompted me to disassemble the trigger group was the safety not functioning. Now that it is reassembled, the safety still does not function.

·
Registered
818 Posts
The model 80's used IIRC three different styles of safeties. I have an early version and a later style.
Here's a pic of the ones I have. Maybe you can see if anything is amiss on yours.

Early Model 81DL
P1010438.JPG

1976 Glenfield 20/Model 80G
P1010439.JPG

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank You Marvin,
The 1976 Glenfield 20/Model 80G appears to be my safety mechanism. I have installed it correctly according to the photo. However, the rifle will fire in either the Safe or Fire position. I am going to purchase another from "Numrich" and install it to rule out a worn part. It looks to be fine to the eye, but sometimes that means nothing. :)
I SINCERELY appreciate your follow up and I apologize for the mistake of posting the incorrect model cross reference. My rifle is a Sears and Roebuck 43-103-2850 SL&LR. This may be helpful to anyone else who has this rifle with a similar issue.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Thank You Marvin,
The 1976 Glenfield 20/Model 80G appears to be my safety mechanism. I have installed it correctly according to the photo. However, the rifle will fire in either the Safe or Fire position. I am going to purchase another from "Numrich" and install it to rule out a worn part. It looks to be fine to the eye, but sometimes that means nothing. :)
I SINCERELY appreciate your follow up and I apologize for the mistake of posting the incorrect model cross reference. My rifle is a Sears and Roebuck 43-103-2850 SL&LR. This may be helpful to anyone else who has this rifle with a similar issue.
Just for your reference, when the safety on the Glenfield is engaged, the trigger has absolutely no movement in it. If your trigger can be pulled back even the slightest, then something is not right. Before you buy parts, look for something that is worn out that allows the trigger to move.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts