Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got this rifle to group consistently. The scope windage adjustment had to be set too far to the left due to misalignment between the receiver and barrel. The scope adjustments should be set as close to mid-point as possible for best accuracy. Otherwise on most scopes significant optical distortion sets in and consistent grouping isn't possible.

Since this rifle uses a Weaver-type base and rings, it isn't really possible to correct for lateral misalignment - only for vertical misalignment by shimming under the scope on the front or rear rings.

The solution is to use Burris rings with Pos-Align offset inserts. With the windage adjustment set near mid-point I was able rotate the offset inserts in the front and rear rings to tune out most of the lateral misalignment. :top:

I also installed the Timney Trigger Fix kit in my 750 Carbine. Huge improvement! No more creep - the trigger breaks crisp!

I load 200gr bullets, either the Hornady 200gr RN or Barnex TSX which both shoot to the same point of impact, with Re15 at a 2400 fps MV. Here's my rifle with a Weaver 1x3 scope. It now shoots consistent 1" groups at 100 yards from the bench rest. What a lightweight and compact fast-handling rifle! Quick and accurate follow up shots are a breeze!

Now what do I need my lever and bolt action rifles for?? :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Good to point out the value of the Burris windage adjustable rings, they do come in handy. Pretty much the perfect timber rifle.

Reactions: slamfire

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Prefer the aluminum base to keep the weight down.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
I hope you get many years of service from this rifle. I know some people have experienced bolt issues where the bolt didn't hold up. Hopefully yours won't be one of them. I have this caliber in a Model 700 Classic. It's a thumper for sure.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Weaver does make windage adjustible rings (set of 2)! You back off one side clamping screw and tighter the other side. You would move one ring opposite the other.

Hip

1 - 8 of 8 Posts