Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new Model 60 about half a year ago, and it's given me a lot more trouble than it has rabbits. After a month of use and about 400 rounds, the hammer slipped, and I sent it in to a gunsmith. It worked beautifully for one weekend after that, but now it's acting as a single-shot again -- only the first round will fire. The spent casings seem to eject fine, but the next round won't fire (and I feel no pressure on the trigger). Sometimes I can get it to work if I pull the bolt back slightly, but this is really a pain. I cleaned thoroughly last night, but it still won't cycle. Any thoughts on what's wrong, and how I could fix it? I appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Try loosening the action screws and pushing the receiver forward in the stock then tighten the screws. Sometimes my 60 would do this and it was just the position in the stock preventing the disconnector from resetting.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
It sounds like the disconnector is sticking down. If it's under warranty send it back. If not, make sure that the disconnector moves up and down freely with the hammer in the cocked position.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts