Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at a pawn shop today. Saw a model 60 with a medalion in the stock that said something about hunting ethics and safety or somethin like that.

Is this a desirable special edition, or just a special run for some event?

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Had a pretty good scratch down one side of the stock near mag tube. Was otherwise very good shape. Had some nice wood as well

·
Registered
10 Posts
Joe, that was a Marlin 60W. I don't think it is a special run or that it has features any different than having that medallion and a walnut stock. Some folks say the W stands for walnut, others say it might have been from Wal-mart, and I think it just stands for wood. I picked up one this spring and it is a nice little shooter.

·
Registered
711 Posts
It's a Walmart rifle with a birch stock. I picked mine up new in '94 for $69.99. Very good shooter and has been problem free since day 1. I did some polishing on the action parts, and a little work on the trigger to lighten it up. I also refinished the stock with tung oil. One of my favorites...

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
70 bucks. Wish they were still that cheap. This one is 95 used. Ha

The mag tube is shorter than the barrel by about 3" too. Remembered that late last night

·
Registered
711 Posts
They shortened the magazine first, then shortened barrel later. See if you can get the price down, if not-if it appears to be in functional condition I still might go. The 60W is a good gun.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a 60W with the medallion and it is a great shooter.

I read on another forum that the 60W was sold through the NRA for youth safety shooting. Could be wrong on that.

Either way the $95 price looks like a bargain to me.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Oh yea, very nice. I have a 1983 just like it.....it is a great shooter.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My first Marlin and I still have it. I bought it at Wal Mart around 1988 and it had that medallion in it and paid around $70. It's seen a lot of rough times but still shoots great. A lot of hours on the tractor bouncing around and ridding our corn patch of ***** at night.

Hmmm, I just looked at my s/n and it starts with 06 so that should put it around 1994.....bought it later than I thought

1 - 10 of 10 Posts