Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Model 60 with the alloy trigger guard. I need the screws for it and was wondering if anyone knows their thread pattern or better yet where the heck I could find them as Numrich is sold out. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

·
Premium Member
2,809 Posts
Brownell's shows to have them in stock for the 60ss.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think those are the new style screws for the plastic trigger guard. I have the old style with the pot metal guard. Anyone have any other ideas or know the thread pattern? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,809 Posts
They are the same. My 2009 60ss and my 1980 60 side by side.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hemi1011 said:
They are the same. My 2009 60ss and my 1980 60 side by side.
I appreciate the info very much. From one hemi fan to another!!

·
Premium Member
2,809 Posts
No problem. I miss my hemi ram, traded it for an fx4 and hate it. Front screws should be the same as well. Only thing I saw on the new screw was a tappered end, but I screwed it into my older 60 and it fit no problem.
Don't forget to swing by and join Team 60!

·
Premium Member
2,809 Posts
;D

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hemi1011 said:
No problem. I miss my hemi ram, traded it for an fx4 and hate it. Front screws should be the same as well. Only thing I saw on the new screw was a tappered end, but I screwed it into my older 60 and it fit no problem.
Don't forget to swing by and join Team 60!
I did not even know there was a team 60. They are the best 22 design ever IMO. Thanks for the invite.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Check MidwayUsa also. I picked up a few of the Stainless takedown screws, lightly sanded the heads and they took Casey's bluing pretty good. Very hard to tell and they won't rust!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Model 60 Screw Threads

The thread pattern for all three screws is the same, 8-32.
Finally someone gets into the real details. I have been researching as much as I can to just identify the specs on these screws. I have been a toolmaker for several years and a mechanic prior to that, but I am new to the firearms collection and obsession game! Now that I have time and money to add to and take care of a collection I am head over....steel toed boots. I can't believe that no one brings up what seems so obvious to me...for the most part a lot of people love these Model 60's for the fun of shooting them and realize they are not going to be the crowned jewel of their collection, it might be one of their favorites but we aren't going to pass them down hoping they will be worth thousands one day since after all THEY AREN'T RARE! We don't have to pay over $3 for this tiny screw and over $3 for "misc. handling fee" and then shipping on top of all of that!!! The cheapest I can find the front trigger guard screw on this for is between $7 and $9!!!!

All you need is the (1) head & drive type, (2) the thread and (3) the length!!!! Thats it!!!!

I am trying to narrow this down but since my screw is missing I am hoping someone like you can help me...so far I have determined...

(1) Slotted filister head

(2) #8-32 thread (thanks to you)

(3) LENGTH?????

I have done some trial and error from screws I have been able to get at work, but if I can get the length these type of screws are under $0.30!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just ordered both front and rear take down screws and front trigger gaurd screw and backing nut from Brownells a week ago. Cost with delivery was around 20 dollars. I thought it was pretty pricey myself.

·
Registered
816 Posts
(3) LENGTH?????

Looks like a 1" for the rear one will work.
The front one is 3/8, but has a low profile head.
If I needed to get the trigger guard front nut, I would just get an 8-32 blind nut from the hardware store. You could tap the prongs down flat to make it like the Marlin one, or leave them sticking up and you won't have to worry about losing the nut anymore. It will stay in the stock.

P1000540.jpg

"We don't have to pay over $3 for this tiny screw and over $3 for "misc. handling fee" and then shipping on top of all of that!!!"
That's like the little e-rings. They want $3.00 for one. I got 10 of them at the nut and bolt store for 68 cents, that's less than 7 cents a piece.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts