Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know whether the Malin model 56 and model 89c are completely interchangeable? I found a model 56 without a magazine for sale. Numrich lists a 10 shot magazine to fit both. The original on model 56 was 7 shot I believe. I don't want to pay the guys price unless I have a magazine for it. I have no interest in a single shot levermatic. Thanks in advance. Reg

·
Super Moderator
35,978 Posts
Welcome from the marshes of south Louisiana.
If Numrich says the ten shot magazine will fit, it should work in rifle.

ca'jun56

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I agree, that if Numrich says it fits, it probably does. I have never tried a model 89C magazine in my Marlin model 56, but according to everything I have been able to find on the internet, people do claim they are interchangeable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys! Makes me feel better about that. Anyone know a current source for Marlin stock bullseye. This one is missing it's?

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I have some aftermarket 10 rd. mags for mine...no issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much y'all! Bought it this afternoon and waiting for it to clear so I can bring it home. Called Numrich take sure they wouldn't sell out of magazines, she laughed and said we have a thousand something. How many do you want? Lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Numrich showed they were out I believe. Not to worry, a member is sending me one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts