Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
I picked up a super nice original Model 55 Swamp Gun in excellent condition and have a question regarding the Marlin Micro Choke that is on the 20" barrel. It appears to be frozen and will not operate. I have searched the internet for any information as to how it is supposed to operate, either a push / pull or a twisting motion, but have found nothing. So, how in the heck is it supposed to work??

Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun
Material property
Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun

·
Registered
3,503 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After a quick search, it appears that there is an adjustment sleeve that slip over the choke. I dunno if this is supposed to be a tool for making adjustments, but it looks like that is what it is for.

Choke Adjusting Sleeve - 12 Gauge - Micro - Original

Thanks, and I contacted Scott at Classic Firearms & Parts and learned that the choke adjusting sleeve screws onto the choke indicator ring. He suggested that my sleeve is most likely gummed up with powder or debris and to soak it in Hoppes cleaning solvent, or I may use Marvel Mystery Oil to loosen it up.

·
Registered
273 Posts
a container of kerosene/diesel fuel.. soak for a day or so . work back and forth till free then soak in MMO

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms! Worked as an engineering
12,722 Posts
Once you get it apart and cleaned may I suggest coating the dry threads and close tolerance diameters with a coat of NeverSieze?

AC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.