Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a shotgun Marlin model 55 12 gauge goose gun. The problem I am having is I can not find the serial number anywhere on it. Can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I got this from my step father when he passed. I have had it for about 13 years. I keep it in my gun cabnet sideways because it is so long. I have never fired it only pull it out to wipe it down. It does have the sling swivels. Thanks again

·
Registered
126 Posts
That would make it a model 55 Goose Gun manufactured between 1964 and 1967.
That's as close as you will get, as far as manufacture date.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Marlin 55 goose gun no rust , never been fired does anyone know what the value of that gun is? It has no sling or any holes in the stock is chambered in 12 gauge with a 36 inch barrel

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
Last one I saw sell went for $325.00...

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
But I've seen them go for as low as $200.00 lately too...

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
😂🤣😂

The one that sold for $325.00 was rated at 92%... So your one is obviously worth more...

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Gun values are all over the place, and it depends on so many different factors that it's hard to pin down an absolute gun value. It ultimately depends on how much a buyer is willing to pay, and how much the seller is willing to settle on.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Are you sure those were unfired shotguns. Did you have them in your possession to physically inspect them with your own eyes
I bought one a few months ago in 90% condition for $200 flat. That was after I felt bad for it since it was sitting on the shelf so long. They are cool, but they are not big ticket guns. $200-$250 is the going rate around here and they tend to sit a while.

·
Registered
650 Posts
The demand for these is low, and thus so is the price. Look at what is selling now, short barrels and plastic stocks with interchangeable choke tubes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts