Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Nice pick up! I just had one of these in my hands a few days ago. Almost bought it but it was tagged at $350 so I ended up putting it back in the rack. I used to have the 5510 and that's what I'm hoping to find again someday, but not at the prices I'm seeing on GB or other auction sites!

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
I have an old friend that has had one for years. Between that and his 10ga. Richland Arms double barrel I used to kid him that he had the longest and heaviest two shotguns ever made.

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
I've had a couple of the Goose guns but never hunted one. I put a weaver side mount and a 6x Nikon scope on one for a local. He
shots some impressive groups with plain old Winchester slugs. You wouldn't think a FC would shot slugs for crap.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
When I was a teen, an older hunter (Will) that I knew had one of these long barreled Marlins. He hunted everything with it including slugs for deer and was quite successful. Will taught me how to make dirt hole set for trapping *****.

TR

·
Registered
126 Posts
In 2007, I purchased a 99-percent 36-inch 12 gauge Marlin model 55GII (pronounced gee-too) Goose Gun.
It has a 02XXXXX serial number, indicating production in 1998. The action is mounted in a stained-birch Marlin 512 stock, and came with a sling and swivels.
During the nearly 14-years since I purchased it from Gary at Gary's Gun Shop in Westtown, NY, I have searched the internet and have yet to find another 55GII.
Before they went REMLIN, I called Marlin and they claimed to have no record of this model.
I've begun to wonder whether there was only one made.
Perhaps it was a teaser for the Marlin booth at an NRA Gun Show / Meeting.
What I'd like to know is this.
Does anyone own, or know someone who owns, a 12 gauge Marlin 55GII Goose Gun, mounted in a 512 slug-hunter stock, made in the late 1990s?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.