Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know of someone that has a NIB Model 45 Carbine and he would like to know what its aproximate worth is on todays market. (East coast area) Also there is one additional highcap magazine with it. All this is unfired in original box and papers. Is there a ready market for this item? When was it discontinued? I can`t find it in todays Marlin listings. Lots of questions. Hope I`m in the right place to get some help for him.
`57 Mountie Thank you in advance. :)

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I'm not sure what the going money for one of these would be on the east coast, but you could check a couple of the auction sites to see what people are bidding on them - gunbroker.com or auctionarms.com; places like that. With the AWB down the tubes, the hi-cap mag won't add a lot of value. I saw some hi-cap mags offered for sale on gunboards just a little while ago for a very favorable price. SW

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Model 45 auto carbine

Followup, I checked both Auction Arms and Gunbroker and find nothing on either site. Was kind of hoping some of the Marlin collectors or people in the know with Marlins could help a bit.
Thanks again
`57 Mountie

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Last one I saw for sale was in the Gun List for around 300. I don't recall what condition it was in. SW

·
Registered
148 Posts
Its going for anywhere between $200 and $300. I'm in the process of selling my Camp 9 Carbine and found that the majority of the Camp guns were in that ballpark.

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Can't say as I've seen a NIB Camp 45, but the last one I saw in like new condition went for $325, so I'd guess your friend's would be worth at least that.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Marlin auto 45 Carbine

Thanks kindly to all that have responded. I`ll pass along the info and let him do the dealing from here.
`57 Mountie

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I`ll get back with him as soon as he returns home from an extended hunting trip. Hardly ever see him when Deer season is open.
Will post info here if he is ready to part with it.
`57 Mountie

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had one of those and it almost got me arrested! My model 45 was new in the box and I took it to the county range in Miami Florida, loaded up the clip and took aim on a 50 yard target, squeezed the trigger and popped off my first 7 shots with one squeeze....got busted by the range cops and had to prove that I hadn't monkeyed with the action.
Tried several different loads, factory and reloads and it went full auto every time and kept firing until the mag was empty. Range officers were going up and down the line getting samples of different 45 loads from shooters to try! Gun went back to Marlin twice, same problems only not with all ammo, just some. Third trip back and they sent me a new gun. That one worked ok, but just wasn't as much fun as 1894C and eventually got traded off. I've seen the M9s and M45s for around 250-300 in these parts.

regards,
graycg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts