Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Must be the clean living but I lucked out today at a local shop. As I had stated earlier in a post in the rant forum I was just starting my hunt for a graduation gift for myself and determined I needed a 444 Marlin. I decided to hit one of the local shops at lunchtime and discuss an order to see if they could even get one of the new guns which would hopefully be in decent condition. I was skeptical when he said they had one in back. After all I have read here I was not hopeful but threw caution to the wind and said lets have a look at it. He brought it out and told me he thought it had been a special order for someone who didn't want it when it came in or some such business. When I checked it out and saw the North Haven stamping on the barrel I decided right then and there it was coming home with me. There is a name and date on the box which confirms the story and the serial number of 9303XXXX tells me it was made in 2007. Baby was waiting for me quite a few years!

Thomas

·
Registered
658 Posts
That is awsome, what a find. Apperently he was waiting all these years for you to come in and ask for it. Like a fairy tale. Congrats and welcome to the club. S.

·
Super Moderator
15,870 Posts
YOWSER!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,020 Posts
I just love stories like that Big T. I have two 2007 Marlins. I have more then a few rifles but always wanted a 336-35R but never bought one because I have 444, 356, 358, and a 760-35R. I thought the 760 - 35R filled the void but no. At the club I was going through a dealers special monthly flyer and saw the 336XLR-35R. I ask the FFL holder in the club to order one for me. I like it and plan on hunting with it this opening 2011 - 12 big game season. It also was made in NH. CT. Serial No.# 93xxxx I was luck that the 336XLR-35R weren't popular. It was made in 2007 and I bought it in 2011 NIB. It shoots great, out of the box hunting ready But I put a Redfield 2X7X33 scope atop.

Oh yeah congratulation

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to one and all! I have always read the stories of guys being in the right place at the right time, but had never personally experienced until yesterday. It does feel good to be on the telling end of the story this time.

Thomas 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts